Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our guide of changes to the game!
Already returned? Welcome back! Check out "Quickstart 1-119" - for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas • Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Areas • Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Unity • A.M.A.N. Trove • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting||November Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments|
From BG FFXI Wiki
|Job Ability Information|
|Description||Increases attack power and speed of ranged attacks, while reducing attack power and speed of melee attacks.|
|Cumulative Enmity||1||Volatile Enmity||300|
|Command||/ja "Velocity Shot" <me>|
- Reduces ranged aiming delay by 15% and gives 15% melee Slow.
- Increases Ranged Attack by approximately 15% and reduces Attack by approximately 15%.
- Ranger Job Points gifts give 5% Velocity Shot aiming delay reduction at 100 and 1200, totaling 10%.
- The total aiming delay reduction from Velocity Shot possible at the time of this writing is 34%:
- Velocity Shot Base: 15%
- Velocity Shot Gifts: 10%
- Amini Caban +1: 7%
- Belenus Cape: 2%
- Multiplies with Berserk and possibly other attack bonuses.
- The Ranger Job Points category for Velocity Shot adds up to 40 flat Ranged Attack.
- Can be Dispelled, and given its long recast and loaded stats can seriously affect a Ranger if done while this ability is on cooldown.
- Is also lost upon zoning, so planned use is recommended.
|Equipment Modifying Ability...|
|Sylvan Caban +1||Velocity Shot gives an additional -5% ranged aiming delay and 5% Ranged Attack|
|Sylvan Caban +2||Velocity Shot gives an additional -5% ranged aiming delay and 5% Ranged Attack|
|Amini Caban||Velocity Shot gives an additional -5% ranged aiming delay and 5% Ranged Attack|
|Amini Caban +1||Velocity Shot gives an additional -7% ranged aiming delay and 7% Ranged Attack|
|Belenus's Cape||Velocity Shot gives an additional -2% ranged aiming delay and 2% Ranged Attack|