Ancient Melody: A
From FFXI Wiki
|Temporary Key Items||A brief stanza of melody said to be older than time itself. It is largely worthless on its own.|
|Records of Eminence||Aht Urghan Whitegate||Complete the objective Say Cheese!|
|Type of Event||Name|
|Mounts||Omega Mount, see below|
- Obtain a Soultrapper and Blank Soul Plate from Zandjarl in The Colosseum; the entrance is via Aht Urghan Whitegate (F-7), downstairs.
- Alternatively, you can get both the Soultrapper and 12 plates for 800 gils in the mission A Shantotto Ascension Mission 5
- Equip the trapper and plates in your ammo and ranged slots and head off to Abyssea - Tahrongi.
- Proceed to (E-9) via conflux #03 and weaken a Naul until it has almost been defeated.
- Face the Naul directly and use the Soultrapper like you would any other item to take a picture.
- Assuming you did this correctly, trade the plate to Sanraku to complete Say Cheese.
- If Jackal does not state that the apparatus in Fei'Yin is active then you must then receive Doctor Status from any Strange Apparatus and return to Jackal.
- Boisterous Jackal will now mention that the Strange Apparatus in Fei'Yin has started working.
- Obtain a Metal Chip and an Infinity Core and proceed to the Strange Apparatus in Fei'Yin (G-6 on Map 1).
- The quickest way here, is Home Point #2, and then walk upstairs from the western part of the map.
- Obtain Doctor/Administrator Status on the apparatus.
- The zone code for Fei'Yin is 23.
- Trade your Chip and Core to the appartus to receive the Omega whistle and your new mount.