Face of the Future
From FFXI Wiki
- This quest is started automatically after completing Chasing Shadows.
- Zone into Jugner Forest from Batallia Downs for a cutscene.
- Examine the Metalic Hodgepodge in Jugner Forest at (F-9) for a cutscene. (Near the F9/G9 border, in the center of the grid.)
- Zone into Ghelsba Outpost for a cutscene to receive the Orcish infiltration kit needed to enter the BC.
- Examine the Scrape Mark in Yughott Grotto at (G-9 map 1) for a cutscene.
- Examine the Scrape Mark again to enter the BC.
- Note: Drawing your weapon will immediately start the battle, regardless of your distance to the target.
- Your opponents in this battlefield are a Fangmonger Colossus and 6 Tombstones, all statue type mobs.
- You only need to kill Fangmonger Colossus to win.
- Each Tombstone defeated will weaken the Colossus' damage resistance.
- The Colossus and Tombstones use the weaponskills Seismostomp which does damage and Numbing Glare which is a conal paralysis move. They all have very slow movement speed and can be easily kited.
- At the start of the battle, you will be assisted by Excenmille and Maxcimille. Part way though the battle, Bostillette will join the fray.
- Kiting the statues while keeping the NPCs cured is a very easy way to win this battle, it has been won with three, two, and even one character in this manner.
- Examine the Cavernous Maw in Batallia Downs at (H-5) for a cutscene and to receive your reward.