Maneuvers have a base duration of 60 Seconds (1 minute) when deployed; the duration increasing by 3 seconds every tic the automaton is Deployed on a target, to an ultimate maximum of 300 Seconds (5 Minutes).
This maneuver duration boost is reset any time the automaton would be Inactive: Zoning, Deactivate, Death.
The boost given by using Maneuvers follows the equations:
- Stat Boost = floor( Puppetmaster Level ÷ 15 ) + 1
- Stat Boost = floor( Puppetmaster Level ÷ 15 ) + 2
- Any "Enhances Maneuver" effect is directly added after the end of the equation.
Burden and Overloading
Automatons gain a few degrees of burden every time you use a maneuver, which slowly decays (1 degree per tick) as time goes on. If equipped with a Heatsink the burden of the automaton will decay at a base of 2 or more degrees a tick depending on active water maneuvers.
The amount of burden gained per maneuver depends on your stats and the automaton's stats. If your relevant stat for the maneuver equals or exceeds your Automaton, the automaton will gain 15 degrees of burden for that element. If you have less of the relevant stat than your automaton, it will gain 20 degrees of burden. It is worth noting that burden is element specific. Using Wind Maneuvers will not affect your odds of Fire Maneuver Overload, etc.
- Example: Joe is a 99 Puppetmaster with 95 DEX. His Automaton has 92 DEX. He uses a Thunder Maneuver, so now his Automaton has 15 degrees of Thunder burden. The +7 DEX stat bonus gives him 99 DEX, so the next time he uses a Thunder Maneuver his automaton will gain 20 degrees of Thunder burden.
Going over the overload threshold (30 degrees is the base threshold) gives you a chance to overload that's approximately 5% + (Number of Degrees over Threshold)%. If you overload, all your maneuvers are wiped and the automaton is "Overloaded", with a strong gravity and 50% Slow effect. This debuff lasts 1 second for every degree that you were over the threshold.
- Example: Joe's automaton has 56 degrees of Thunder burden, but Joe uses another maneuver with less Dexterity than his partner and no equipment on. This brings the total up to 76 degrees of burden (46 degrees over the threshold), which means that he has a 51% chance to Overload. If he does overload, the status will last 46 seconds.
Overload may also be prevented with the equipping of a Condenser.
The ability Cooldown will both remove the effect of Overload and decrease burden by 50%.
|Heatsink||Attachment||Increases burden decay rate.|
|Kenkonken||Weapon||Degrees per Maneuver ÷ 3|
|Midnights||Weapon||Overload Threshold +40|
|Buffoon's Collar / +1||Neck||Overload Threshold +5|
|Puppetry Dastanas / +1||Hands||Overload Threshold +5|
|Foire Dastanas / +1 / +2 / +3||Hands||Overload Threshold +5|
|Cirque Farsetto +1||Body||Overload Threshold +20|
|Cirque Farsetto +2||Body||Overload Threshold +40|
|Karagoz Farsetto / +1||Body||Overload Threshold +40|
|Burana Earring||Earring||Overload Threshold +1|
|Dispersal Mantle||Back||Overload Threshold +5|
|Visucius's Mantle||Back||Overload Threshold +10|
- Several groups have come up with convergent results on overload.
- Original English testing was on the Allakhazam Puppetmaster forums, but they changed their URL structure and broke all links
- The Japanese model is the same as above, but multiplied by 3.
- Retesting due to lack of citations (Byrth and Sylow, FFXIAH)
- Overload Chance (Byrth, FFXIAH)