From FFXI Wiki
- Note: This quest only appears as an available quest upon use of the Pest Repellent. It does not appear in the completed quest log section upon completion of the quest.
- Obtain a Pest Repellent from the various FFXI events held throughout the year.
- Have the leader use the Pest Repellent and then check the Fortilace (D-9) Rolanberry Fields (S) to initiate the battle.
- Minimum of 3 players required.
- All players located in the zone will be warped into the battlefield.
- An initial minute allows you to buff up before "contact made" is noted in the log.
- 5 minute time limit to battle an endless swarm of various monsters.
- The Swarmspawn monsters fall from where you enter from the ceiling and then begin to walk away and do not respond to actions against them.
- As such, an optimal method to deal with them is AoE spells centered around the caster, such as BLM/GEO/BLU.
- A well-geared nuking GEO can one-shot using tier-1 AoE spells (Fira, Aera, etc.) and achieve "Swarm Chain" 200+
- Occasionally, the party will be rewarded with HP or TP boosts.
- Players are scored and ranked by the amount and types of monsters they defeat.
- This has no effect on the outcome of the battle.
- Certain mobs are worth more than others, from 100-300, but also spikes up to almost 4000 (Adamantoise mobs perhaps?)
- Players are rewarded with the title of "Swarminator".