Considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Already returned? Welcome back! Be sure to read "Quickstart 1-119" - our guide for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Domain Invasion · Geas Fete · Omen
Ambuscade · Dynamis Divergence · Unity · High-Tier Mission Battlefields · Master Trials · Monstrosity
|Trust Magic · Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Job Points · Crafting · Guides||November Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons|
From BG FFXI Wiki
|Job Ability Information|
|Description||Grants a bonus to "Third Eye" when using two-handed weapons, but increases recast and casting times.|
|Cumulative Enmity||1||Volatile Enmity||300|
|Command||/ja "Seigan" <me>|
- Seigan works only with two-handed weapons.
- Seigan and Hasso cannot be used at the same time. Between the two, the most recently activated job ability will be active.
- While Seigan is active, a 50% increase in casting and recast time will be applied to any and all magic, songs and Ninjutsu.
Third Eye Effects
- While active, Seigan reduces the recast timer on Third Eye to 30 seconds.
- Seigan also enhances the effects of Third Eye and makes it similar to the Utsusemi series of Ninjutsu.
- A monster's attack can either be evaded (anticipated) or counter-attacked with Seigan and Third Eye up.
- Each time a Samurai evades or counters with Seigan/Third Eye, there is a chance that Third Eye will be removed.
- The longer Third Eye has been active, the higher chance of cancellation.
- The base Counter rate under these circumstances is 25%, which is enhanced by Saotome Haidate/+1/+2 and Kogarasumaru.
- It is not known whether these pieces of gear can simply be worn for JA activation or must be full-timed, but the assumption has always been that they must be full-timed.
- Seigan also allows Zanshin-related Counters for players using Samurai main job even without Third Eye or specific equipment.
- Counters occur at a rate of Zanshin rate÷4
- These Counters are subject to accuracy checks and do not reward TP
|Equipment Modifying Ability...|
|Unkai Kabuto +1||Gives ~2.5% Counter with Seigan active and no Third Eye.|
|Unkai Kabuto +2||Gives 5% Counter with Seigan active and no Third Eye.|
|Kasuga Kabuto||Gives 12% Counter with Seigan active and no Third Eye.|
|Kasuga Kabuto +1||Gives 14% Counter with Seigan active and no Third Eye.|