A.M.A.N. Trove • Ambuscade • Delve • Dynamis Divergence • Geas Fete • High-Tier Battlefields • Odyssey • Omen • Skirmish • Sortie • Unity • Vagary
Voracious Resurgence • Rhapsodies of Vanadiel • Seekers of Adoulin • Wings of the Goddess • Treasures of Aht Urhgan • Chains of Promathia • Rise of the Zilart • Bastok • San d'Oria • Windurst
Artifact: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Relic: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Empyrean: iL109 • iL119/+2
|Abjurations iL119 • Superior Equipment • JSE Necks • Divergence Weapon Augments|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Weapon Augments • Escutcheons||Guides • Crafting • Trusts • Job Points • Exemplar Points • Apex Monsters|
From FFXI Wiki
|Job Trait Information|
|Description||May cancel target's attack with an attack of your own.|
|I||MNK 10, BLU 70*||8%|
|II||MNK 81, BLU 98*||12%|
|III||MNK 99 (150JP Gift), BLU 99**||14%|
|IV||MNK 99 (500JP Gift), BLU 99**||16%|
|V||MNK 99 (1125JP Gift)||19%|
|VI||MNK 99 (2000JP Gift)||22%|
|Blue Mage Notes||* Requires the setting of appropriate spells to receive the trait.|
** Requires the 100 or 1,200 Blue Mage job gift.
|Effect of each Rank||Increases Counter Rate by 1% per merit level|
- This trait occasionally cancels an enemy attack and replaces it with an attack from the player.
- Evasion, Parry, and Blink/Utsusemi checks must all fail before a counter attack can be made.
- Counterattacks are subject to a Hit Rate check to see if they land. Missed counters are treated as if they never happened.
- If an incoming Counter is parried (or countered), that Counter is also treated as if it had missed.
- If the enemy evades the counter attack, the attack on the player goes through normally.
- Counters that are the result of Perfect Counter are an exception to this, and can produce a message about missing.
- Counterattacks can Critical Hit and their damage can therefore be increased with Critical Hit Damage equipment and abilities like Impetus.
- Counterattack damage is increased during Counterstance if Job Points are invested into the ability.
- Weaponskills, magic, and ranged attacks cannot be countered.
- All counterattacks are considered blunt damage.
- The player will not gain TP from a counter attack, but an enemy will receive TP from a successful counter-attack against them.
- Equipment that says "Counter +X" gives an X% increase in Counter proc rate, before the accuracy check.
- This trait caps at 80% (79.2% after accuracy check).
|Blue Mage Job Trait Information|
|Minimum Set Points Needed||5|
|Trait Points Needed per Tier||8|
|Level||Spell||Set Points||Trait Points|
|Equipment Modifying Ability...|
|Avenger's Earring||Counter +1|
|Aikido Koshita||Counter +2|
|Kampfer Ring||Latent Effect (HP≤75%, TP<100%): Counter +2|
|Temple Hose||Counter +1|
|Temple Hose +1||Counter +3|
|Counter Earring||Enchantment: Counter +5|
|Muscle Belt||Counter +1|
|Muscle Belt +1||Counter +2|
|Cobra Cap||Set Effect: Counter + per piece after the first|
|Cobra Harness||Set Effect: Counter + per piece after the first|
|Cobra Mittens||Set Effect: Counter + per piece after the first|
|Cobra Subligar||Set Effect: Counter + per piece after the first|
|Cobra Leggings||Set Effect: Counter + per piece after the first|
|Danzo Tekko||Counter +2|
|Kampfer Earring||Latent Effect (HP≤25%, TP<100%): Counter +5|
|Mercenary's Subligar||Besieged: Counter +5|
|Pahluwan Katars||Counter +1|
|Palladium Dagger||Counter +1|
|Rune Baghnakhs||Latent Effect (MP>1): Counter +1|
|Barbarian Mittens||Counter +1|
|Ginhaku Hatsuburi||Counter +2|
|Ginhaku Haidate||Counter +2|
|Ginhaku Sune-Ate||Counter +1|
|Shikkoku Hatsuburi||Counter +2|
|Shikkoku Haidate||Counter +2|
|Shikkoku Sune-Ate||Counter +1|
|Shinku Hatsuburi||Counter +2|
|Shinku Haidate||Counter +2|
|Shinku Sune-Ate||Counter +1|
|Rasetsu Jinpachi||Latent Effect (HP≤25%, TP<100%): Counter +1|
|Rasetsu Samue||Latent Effect (HP≤25%, TP<100%): Counter +1|
|Rasetsu Tekko||Latent Effect (HP≤25%, TP<100%): Counter +1|
|Rasetsu Hakama||Latent Effect (HP≤25%, TP<100%): Counter +1|
|Rasetsu Sune-Ate||Latent Effect (HP≤25%, TP<100%): Counter +1|
|Rasetsu Jinpachi +1||Counter +1|
|Rasetsu Samue +1||Counter +1|
|Rasetsu Tekko +1||Counter +1|
|Rasetsu Hakama +1||Counter +1|
|Rasetsu Sune-Ate +1||Counter +1|
|Ace's Locket||Latent Effect (Roll of 1 or 11 active): Counter +5|
|Deae Gratia||Counter +1|
|Backlash Torque||Counter +1|
|Champion's Galea||Counter +3|
|Omicron Ring||Salvage: Counter +2|
|Usukane Gote||Counter +2|
|Smilodon Mask||Counter +3|
|Melee Cyclas +2||Counter +2|
|Melee Gaiters +2||Counter damage +10|
|Hesychast's gaiters||Counter damage +15|
|Hesychast's gaiters +1||Counter damage +18|
|Hesychast's gaiters +2||Counter damage +21, Critical Hit Rate +10%|
|Hesychast's gaiters +3||Counter damage +24, Critical Hit Rate +15%|
|Spharai (Level 75)||Counter +5|
|Spharai (Level 80)||Counter +7|
|Spharai (Level 85)||Counter +9|
|Spharai (Level 90)||Counter +11|
|Spharai (Level 95)||Counter +11|
|Spharai (Level 99)||Counter +14|
|Spharai (Level 99 II)||Counter +14|
|Spharai (Level 119)||Counter +14|
|Spharai (Level 119 II)||Counter +14|
|Ultion Mantle||Counter base weapon damage +10|
|Shara's Fists||Counter +3|
|Girru||Counter +5, Occasionally Severe Counter Damage|
|Omodaka Somen||Counter +4|
|Usukane Gote +1||Counter +4|
|Anchorite's Hose||Counter +4|
|Anchorite's Hose +1||Counter +4|
|Premium Heart||Each Counter proc reduces Chakra recast by 1 second.|
- Counter Cap (Appie, BG)
- Spharai Counter rate testing (Gilgam and Appie, BG)
- Counter and Shield interactions (Martel, BG)
- Shield Nerf discovered on test server. (Martel, BG)
- Shield Nerf moves to main servers, Bug report (Martel, Official Forums)
- Ultion Mantle testing (Kinematics, Alla)
- Thorough Counter rate testing (Daisetsu, BG)
- Counter wiki.ffo.jp