A.M.A.N. Trove • Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Geas Fete • High-Tier Battlefields • Monthly Campaigns • Odyssey • Omen • Skirmish • Sortie • Unity • Vagary
Artifact: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Relic: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Empyrean: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Weapon Augments • Escutcheons|
|Abjurations iL119 • Superior Equipment • JSE Necks • Divergence Weapon Augments||Guides • Crafting • Trusts • Job Points • Apex Monsters|
Critical Hit Rate
Every time players swing at a monster, they have a chance to critical hit. If they successfully critical, the monster will take additional damage. This boost to damage is represented in two phases, an increase in pDIF, or effective Attack, and direct modification by Critical Attack Bonus and other similar abilities. Additionally, Critical Hits forced by Sneak Attack and Trick Attack with Thief main receive base damage bonuses from Dexterity and Agility respectively.
While all normal swings have the potential to critical, Weapon Skills can only critical hit if their descriptions read "chance to critical hit varies with TP." or an effects enables them to critical hit (ex. Shining One). This has been proven multiple times, though the easiest verification method is using 1-hit weapon skills and looking for damage that indicates a critical hit has occurred. It also appears that some weapon skills, though they possess the appropriate description, do not receive the benefit of base and gear Critical Hit Rate, like Blade: Rin.
- For melee weapons, critical hit rate is the sum of the base rate (5%), gear/atma (0-100%), merit points (0-5%), Buffs, Weapon Skill modifiers, and player Dexterity relative to target Agility (also known as dDEX, 0-15%). As there is no cap to critical hit rate, it can be taken all the way to 100%, guaranteeing that every attack is a critical hit. Category-specific caps are marked. It also only takes whole number values, so it is impossible to have something like a 12.5% Critical Hit Rate.
- Weapon Skills with the description "Chance of Critical Hit varies with TP" modify Critical Hit Rate during Weapon Skill. Generally, the base modification at 100TP varies from 0% to 40%, and extra Critical Hit Rate is awarded for TP over 100.
- For ranged weapons, critical hit rate is the sum of the base rate (5%), gear/atma (0-100%), merit points (0-5%), Buffs, Weapon Skill modifiers, and player Agility relative to target Agility (also known as dAGI, no known cap).
- Dexterity does not affect critical hit rate for ranged weapons.
Melee Critical Hit Rate (dDEX)
dDEX (Player DEX - Target AGI) determines the contribution of Dexterity to melee critical hit rate. This is added on to the base rate and merits to determine the total critical hit rate. Because this value depends on the target's Agility, which will be determined by its level and job combination, Critical Hit value changes significantly depending on target.
Based on the chart below, you can see that there is an extremely significant jump in critical hit rate when dDEX is increased from 40 to 50 (from 4% at dDEX=39 to 15% at dDEX=50), but no further boost to critical hit rate once dDEX is greater than 50.
Ranged Critical Hit Rate (dAGI)
dAGI (Player AGI - Target AGI) determines the contribution of Agility to ranged critical hit rate. This is added on to the base rate and merits to determine the total critical hit rate. This value does depend on the target's agility, but there are few times when critical hit rate builds are optimal (vs. times when they're less optimal) because adding the same amount of AGI always grants the same amount of critical hit rate and ranged critical hits are a constant multiplier of the damage you would have done otherwise.
This has been tested for the ranges of dAGI = 0~90.
Critical hit rate is enhanced by the following effects:
- Rogue's Roll: Up to +27% critical hit rate depending on result, Phantom Roll+ equipment, and THF in pt or relic hat proc.
- Blood Rage: +20% critical hit rate while in effect.
- Impetus: Up to +50% critical hit rate with consecutively landed attacks.
- Mighty Strikes: 100% critical hit rate while in effect.
Critical Hit Damage
Critical Hit Damage is determined by Base Damage, fSTR, Critical pDIF, and the sum of modifiers such as Critical Attack Bonus job trait and the other Job Abilities/equipment that enhance it directly. The bonus is capped at +100% maximum total from all sources (abilities, traits, gear, atma, etc.).
Equation: Critical Hit Damage = (Base Damage + fSTR) * Critical pDIF * (Sum of Direct Modifiers)
Critical Hit Damage is enhanced by the following effects:
- Critical Attack Bonus: +5~14% depending on tier of trait.
- Dead Aim: +10~45% depending on tier of trait, for ranged attacks, not including weapon skills.
- Impetus: Up to +50% with consecutive attacks landed while using Tantra Cyclas +2