Magic Critical Hit
A Magic Critical Hit (similar to a melee Critical Hit) is a magic attack that yields bonus damage beyond the normal expected magic damage. Unlike a melee critical hit, the only way to have any magic critical hit rate at all is with equipment or buffs which explicitly have a statistic of "Magic Critical Hit Rate." Also unlike melee critical hits, there is no notification in the log stating when a magic critical hit occurs.
Magic Critical Hit Rate
- All jobs have a 0% base magic critical hit rate; there are no job traits or attributes which can enhance this rate.
- The only way to achieve a magic critical hit rate is through the use of gear or buffs which explicitly add magic critical hit rate.
- There is no known cap to magic critical hit rate (and there may not be one).
- You can only "Magic Crit" Blue Magic, Divine Magic, and Elemental Magic.
Magic Critical Hit Damage
- At its base level, a "magic critical hit" is equivalent to Magic Attack Bonus+10 in the magic damage calculation, and stacks additively with the magic attack bonus term in the equation.
- The magic attack bonus associated with a magic critical hit can be increased with gear or buffs which specifically enhance "Magic Critical Hit Damage."
- The percentage value on this equipment is actually a straight addition to the associated magic attack bonus term.
- Magic critical hit damage caps at +40 magic attack bonus (10 base, and up to +30 from gear/buffs).
Example: 5% Magic Critical Hit Rate and +15% Magic Critical Hit Damage in gear will result in a 25 MAB bonus 5% of the time. In terms of average damage over a large sample of nukes, this is equivalent to 1.25 MAB (5% * 25 MAB).
Equipment and Other Bonuses
- Equipment and other bonuses that enhance magic critical hits fall into one of two categories: direct increases to magic critical hit rate or direct increases to the magic attack bonus increase associated with a magic critical hit ("magic critical hit damage").