Weapon Skill Damage
Were you looking for Magic Damage?
Weapon Skill Damage (Statistic)
This statistic has been inconsistently implemented, but it is always a straight damage multiplier. Most sources only apply to the first swing of the weapon skill, including the additional magic effect for hybrid weapon skills, or applied to all of a magic weapon skill. However, some sources apply to all swings of the weapon skill (like Magian Trials Weapon Skill Damage +n% weapons).
Even more confusingly, some sources of this that only apply to the first hit of Weapon Skills actually apply to both hits of some Weapon Skills, like Sturmwind and Atonement.
|Job Trait Information|
|Description||Increases damage from your weapon skills.|
|I||WAR 99 (550JP Gift)||3%|
|I||NIN 99 (1200JP Gift)||5%|
Calculating Physical Weapon Skill Damage
Similar to Physical Damage, Weapon Skill damage is calculated as :
In addition to Weapon Base Damage and fSTR/fSTR(2) in normal physical damage calculation, every swing of the weapon skill (including Double Attack, etc.) will get a base damage boost from your stats, called WSC (Weapon Skill Secondary Attribute Modifier).
This new base damage value will further be adjusted by a TP Multiplier called fTP. This value may vary depending the amount of TP you have and the Weapon Skill you perform. Elemental Gorgets and Elemental Belts each raise this number by 25/256 (only for the first hit unless it is an FTP replicating WS); when used together they raise the fTP modifier by 50/256.
- Melee WS Base Damage = floor(( Weapon Base Damage + fSTR + WSC ) × fTP)
- Ranged WS Base Damage = floor(( Weapon Base Damage + (Ammo Damage) + fSTR(2) + WSC ) × fTP)
Each hit of the weapon skill will be calculated this way, using the appropriate base weapon damage (mainhand vs. offhand) and fTP, along with a novel pDIF value. FTP replicating WSs share their fTP with each additional attack.
Calculating Magical Weapon Skill Damage
Magic Weapon Skill damage is affected by all the same modifiers as other sources of magic damage, but the base damage is calculated somewhat similarly to physical weapon skills:
- Base Magical WS Damage = floor(((152 + floor((WeaponLevel - 99) × 2.45) + WSC) × fTP) + dSTAT + MDMG Stat)
- Every step is floored before moving onto the step below.
- Base Magical WS Damage × (MAB / MDB) × WSD × WSD Boost JT × Weather+Day Bonus × Affinity × Weapon Skill Potency Bonus × Augmented Weapon Skill Potency Bonus × Staff × Potency Multipliers × Resist × Resistance Rank Reduction × TMDA
- Weapon Skill Potency Bonus includes weapon skill damage bonuses on weapons such as Naegling or the hidden bonuses on certain Ultimate Weapons.
- Augmented Weapon Skill Potency Bonus is the same as non augmented, but any augmented weapon skill damage bonuses are calculated separately and not additive with non-augmented bonuses
Calculating Hybrid Weapon Skill Damage
Hybrid Weapon Skills are essentially physical WSs with a magical component. This is the only type of magic damage that is affected by pDIF, which means it is the only type of magic damage that can meaningfully "Critical Hit." Base damage for these weaponskills is calculated exactly the same as for Physical Weapon Skills. However, the overall damage is calculated as if the first hit of the weapon skill is duplicated, and the duplicate hit is magical and thus is affected by modifiers of magic damage.
- Damage = (Base Damage × pDIF) + (Base Damage × pDIF × modifiers of magic damage)