Alchemy Guide by CubsWoo
Alchemy Guide (2017) by CubsWoo
Alchemy is fairly simple to get to 110 but there isn't an updated guide so here's one to use to take advantage of crafting campaigns!
As per the other guides:
- Always use Kitron Macaron
- Synthing pre-70 is a nearly guaranteed skillup so ride cheap synths as far as they'll go
- You do not need any subcrafts for this guide, but you will want to level Bonecraft and Clothcraft at a minimum once you are 110.
Nearly every recipe I'll use comes from ingredients you can get from shops, but there are a few things you should consider stockpiling to make the later levels a bit easier:
- Dragon Heart
- Revival Tree Root
- Fresh Orc Liver
- Philosopher's Stone
- 40k Guild Points, you will need Alchemic Purification and Anima Synthesis to be able to craft all of the materials for your final rank-up item
The main crystals you'll need are Ice, Water, and Light. Farm clusters in Sky.
All recipes will start at 5 levels below cap and end at 11 above cap. Pick and choose when you want to switch based on how much gil you want to sink and how much you feel like changing areas to get new ingredients.
46-62: Holy Water (Distilled Water + Light Crystal) : You may want to start these even earlier than 46 with support and deal with the break rate - stockpile these for future synths and take this to the cap
- Divine Sword (64) (Broadsword + Holy Water + Light Crystal): This is also an optional bridge after the holy waters. Buy the broadswords with sparks.
92-108: Ice Shield (Rock Salt + Distilled Water + Diamond Shield + Ice Crystal) : What an amazing synth - can start as early as the mid-80s if you have the skillup items. Buy shields from Sparks NPC and NPC results
108-110: Azure Cermet (Cermet Chunk + Panacea + Azure Leaf + Fire Crystal) : Azure Leaf is ~1.1 million per item from the guild, used for Omen upgrades. May want 116+ effective skill before trying since it should be HQable.
You can also get to 110 easily with Sun Water if you have a well-leveled Mog Garden and the ability to buy Cactuar Roots and Beastman Blood with the proper Mementos.
At 107+3 you are Tier 1 on every Cursed -1 synth possible and 110+12 will get you to T2 on Voodoo Greaves and Jinxed Nails synths that use the respective -1 Cursed/Hexed piece, as well as 121 effective skill to break T1 on every Hexed -1.