From FFXI Wiki
- You cannot start this quest if you have a other Weapon Skill Quest active. You must return to the person that gave said quest and quit to start another.
- Speaking with Curilla will grant you the key item: Weapons Training Guide as well as the Sapara of Trials. You will need to break the latent on the Sapara of Trials before completing the rest of the quest.
- Breaking the Latent
- You must accumulate 300 points by using the Sapara of Trials to do Weapon Skills and Skillchains on monsters that are at least Easy Prey.
- You can check and see if the elemental bonuses have disappeared from your stats.
- Trade the Sapara of Trials back to Curilla. This will give you the key item: Map to the Annals of Truth. You will be instructed to travel to Quicksand Caves.
- Take Echo Drops and Silent Oil with you. Head to Western Altepa Desert. You will now need to open the Altepa Gate. See the Altepa Gate page for instructions on opening it.
- Once you open the Altepa Gate, it will remain open for 15-30 minutes. It is advisable to either get help lowering the colored columns or have a mule behind the gate.
- Once you are behind the Altepa Gate, follow the path to the intersection and go north into the large room. You may need to clear this room of the Antica that live in it. The ??? to spawn the NM is at the northern tip of this room at (I-6).
- This fight is against Girtablulu, a scorpion. It is weak to Ice and Light attacks.
- Once you kill it, re-examine the ??? to receive the key item Annals of Truth.
- Go back and speak with Curilla to receive your reward.