From FFXI Wiki
- Speak with Iruki-Waraki in Aht Urhgan Whitegate. You'll discover that he is trying to get his Automaton back, and has formed a plan. He gives you a shopping list of items needed to help his plan come to fruition.
- Obtain the required items: Sleeping Potion x1, Chai x1
- Return to Iruki-Waraki and trade him the items for a cutscene. He then asks you to arrange a meeting with the thief in Nashmau.
- Head to Nashmau, and seek out Dnegan (@H-6 on the second floor).
- Speaking with him will start a cutscene, during which you will be approached by Yafahb. You will be given 3 chat options: Ask about the Automaton, Ask about getting around Nashmau, or invite the thief to have tea with you. Do not ask about the Automaton! If you do, you will end the cutscene and be forced to wait a game day before resuming. Choose either of the other options.
- The next part of the cutscene takes you to Nashmau Port, and you'll see Iruki's plan in action. He has set-up a tea shop, and as you approach he asks what you would like to drink. You are then presented with 3 options. Chai, Coffee or "I'll pass, thanks". Choose either drink. Regardless of your drink choice, Iruki will convince the thief to have Chai. He will, however, mix up the drinks, leaving you to guess which has the Sleeping Potion inside, and which doesn't. The cup with the "Suspicious Vapour" is the correct choice. Needless to say, the thief then falls asleep. Iruki then confronts the Automaton, which runs off into the depths of Caedarva Mire. The next part of this quest is long winded and leaves you stuck in a remote area, so bring either a Warp Ring or a Scroll of Instant Warp.
- The final ??? for this quest is located in Caedarva Mire, at (K-5), which is actually part of the Azouph Isle map. However, you will need to travel through Arrapago Reef to reach it. Grab yourself a Lamian Fang Key and zone into the reef from (I-6). The key can be acquired from a ??? near a pond a short way from the zone.
- For the reef you are going to need a load of Silent Oils and Prism Powders. Or sub Dancer. Head to (J-6), thats the exit to Mire then you need. So you'll find yourself at (I-11) on the map when you zone in. Apply Sneak (Status) and Invisible (Status), and run around to the Iron Gate at (J-10). Trade the Lamian Fang Key to open it, and head inside. From inside, take the north path on this map, and you'll reach (J-8) back on the first map. Open the door located there and go through. There is a tunnel entrance at (I-6), not far north from where you are. Head there. Travel East through that tunnel, until presented with a fork in the road. Take the southern route. And run that way until you zone out into Caedarva Mire.
- This area has Mosshorn rams and Elder Treants, so take care not to gain unwanted attention. The ??? you seek is located next to a tree a short distance from the zone. Enjoy the final cutscene. Once it is complete you will receive your Puppetry Churidars.