A.M.A.N. Trove • Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Geas Fete • High-Tier Battlefields • Monthly Campaigns • Odyssey • Omen • Skirmish • Sortie • Unity • Vagary
The Voracious Resurgence
|Prime Weapons • Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Abjurations iL119 • Superior Equipment • JSE Necks • Divergence Augments • Escutcheons|
Artifact: +1 • iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Relic: +1/+2 • iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Empyrean: +1/+2 • iL109 • iL119/+2/+3
|Guides • Crafting • Trusts • Apex Monsters|
Souls in Shadow
From FFXI Wiki
|Souls in Shadow|
|Required Fame||San d'Oria Fame Level: Unknown|
|Starting NPC||Novalmauge - Bostaunieux Oubliette (G-8)|
|Pack||Rise of the Zilart|
|Description||Lift the curse on the scythe Novalmauge has given you and gain a new weapon technique.|
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|Scythe skill 240+, Level 71|
- You cannot start this quest if you have a other Weapon Skill Quest active. You must return to the person that gave said quest and quit to start another.
- Speaking with Novalmauge will grant you the key item Weapons Training Guide as well as the Scythe of Trials. You will need to break the latent on the Scythe of Trials before completing the rest of the quest.
- Breaking the Latent
- With the Scythe of Trials equipped in your Main hand, you must fight Extremely Easy Prey or higher mobs, and perform Weapon Skills or close Skillchains to accumulate 300 "Trial Points".
|Skillchain Level||Trial Points|
- You'll know the latent is broken when the elemental resistances listed on the Scythe of Trials description has disappeared from the elemental resistances in the equipment window. Your elemental resistances are listed underneath your equipped gear grid.
- Trade the Scythe of Trials back to Novalmauge. This will give you the key item Map to the Annals of Truth. You will be instructed to travel to the Den of Rancor.
- Unity Warp 128 to Den of Rancor is closest. You'll start on the ledge at (G-12), drop down the east side and walk a short distance southeast to (I-13) where you'll find the ???.
- You can substantially cut down your journey by taking Den of Rancor Home Point #1 if available. This will place you on the same map as the ??? described below, letting you skip the intermediate steps given in this guide.
- Take Silent Oil and Prism Powder with you and head to the Temple of Uggalepih. Make sure that you either have a Paintbrush of Souls or someone in your party has one.
- Once inside the Temple, head to the first intersection and go south. At the next T-intersection, head north to another T-intersection and go north again. This will zone you into Yhoator Jungle; you will then need to head west and south directly back into the Temple of Uggalepih.
- This time, when you enter the Temple, you will head to the first intersection and go west. Go through the Wooden Gate and continue south until you reach a T-intersection; head east here. Defeat the Temple Guardian that protects the Granite Door and head east into the large circular room. Take the hallway in the northeastern part of this room at (J-9). Use the Paintbrush of Souls to open the Granite Door at (I-7) and head into the Den of Rancor.
- Inside the Den, head south and turn immediately to the east when the room opens up. Take the north tunnel and go east at the intersection. Head down this tunnel until it opens up into a large room. Go south through this room to (I-13); this is where the ??? is to spawn the NM.
- This fight is against Mokumokuren, a hecteyes. Once you kill it, re-examine the ??? to receive the key item Annals of Truth.
- Go back and speak with Novalmauge to receive your reward.