- Can use Draw In.
- Will rage after 60 minutes.
- Tortoise Song can dispel any kind of beneficial effect, not just song and roll effects.
- Will periodically retreat into its shell. When this happens:
- It will gain an extremely strong Regen effect.
- It gains slightly higher defense.
- Doing a significant amount of damage (usually with Elemental Magic) will often prompt it to retreat into or out of its shell.
- A typical tactic to defeat this NM is to make use of Skillchains and Magic Bursts (usually Darkness or Distortion with a burst of Blizzard IV or Freeze II)
- All of the monsters in the area are aggressive, having a plan to defeat them as needed is recommended.
An Aspidochelone in Medieval folklore was a giant "Asp-turtle" that was so huge that some mistake it for a small island. It was said to have trees and plants growing on its back to add to the illusion it was an island. Some of the legends say it would only surface for a short period of time, and then submerge, sometimes killing those who sought shelter on the beast. The stories about Sindbad's voyages have a small article about an encounter with a beast that looked like an island but swam beneath the waves. The breakdown of the name roughly translates into "Shield Turtle."