A.M.A.N. Trove • Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Geas Fete • High-Tier Battlefields • Monthly Campaigns • Odyssey • Omen • Skirmish • Sortie • Unity • Vagary
Artifact: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Relic: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Empyrean: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Weapon Augments • Escutcheons|
|Abjurations iL119 • Superior Equipment • JSE Necks • Divergence Weapon Augments||Guides • Crafting • Trusts • Job Points • Apex Monsters|
From FFXI Wiki
|Required Fame||Jeuno Fame Level: 1|
|Starting NPC||Brutus, Upper Jeuno (G-7)|
|Description||Help nurse the chocobo back to health. It seems to have suffered both mentally and physically. Gausebit wildgrass may do the trick.|
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|None||Save My Son|
|A job at level 20.|
- To begin, speak to Brutus at (G-7) on any job level 20 or higher, this starts the quest Chocobo on the Loose!.
- Speak to him two more times to start the correct quest, and choose "Nope, never!".
- Obtain Gausebit Grass x4.
- They can be purchased from the Auction House under Weapons > Ammo & Misc. > Pet Items
- Can be farmed in Meriphataud Mountains from Crane Flies.
- They are found around the outpost, or around the entrance to Castle Oztroja
- Do not confuse this with Gysahl Greens which are sold from the stables NPC. They do not work.
- Feed the chocobo standing next to Osker one Gausebit Grass by trading it to the chocobo.
- It is possible to feed the chocobo once every real life 45 seconds.
- It will take 6 feeding attempts to complete the quest.
- The first 2 attempts will automatically fail, and will not consume a grass.
- Once the chocobo eats the 4 Gausebit Grass you are presented with a Chocobo license.