||Chains of Promathia
||You have volunteered to journey into the Phomiuna Aqueducts to defeat the minotaur. It appears that Nag'molada has set off ahead of you.
With the lifting of the level cap in Promathia areas, this quest is now relatively trivial in difficulty. The walkthrough below was written for a level cap of 40.
- Check the Sewer entrance in Tavnazian Safehold to enter Phomiuna Aqueducts.
- Sneak (Status) and Invisible (Status) up and make your way toward (J-2) on the second map where the Minotaur is.
- Taurus mobs have True Sight so you will just need to run behind them or wait for them to move as their field of vision is very narrow. Alternatively, one person can travel to the Minotaur since it will draw the entire alliance in when one person aggros it.
- Note: the Minotaur will NOT aggro a level 99 character, so using the draw-in method will not work if you get aggro from a level 99 character.
- The Minotaur will use a move called Mortal Ray that inflicts Doom on whoever is standing directly in front of it and facing it. This means the tanks. It can usually be avoided by turning your back but you need to be fast. If you do get doomed, Holy Water and Cursna have a small chance to remove the effect. You will probably need to use multiple waters and/or Cursnas to remove it before the person is KOed.
- After you defeat the Minotaur, there is no cutscene. Just move out of the area quickly so it doesn't re-aggro you when it repops.
- Find the Iron Door at (G-8) on the second map.
- A Thief can pick the lock, or you may defeat Fomors for the Bronze Key to open the door.
- After you pass through the Iron Door, find the Wooden Ladder at (E-8) for a cutscene. Go up the ladder when the cutscene is finished.
- This is more than just the brief cutscene where you see yourself climbing the ladder. If you didn't get a cutscene with Nag'molada, go back and make sure you got credit for killing the Minotaur.
- Head through the door to the north and proceed down the hallway into the first room you see. Look for a ??? on a bookshelf. This will open a one way door on the south side of the room. Go through the door.
- In this hallway, there are several torches on the wall. Look at which day it is (i.e. Firesday, Iceday) and find the oil lamps that correspond to the current day AND the one that the day is strong against.
- Firesday: Fire and Ice
- Iceday: Ice and Wind
- Windsday: Wind and Earth
- Earthsday: Earth and Thunder
- Lightningsday: Thunder and Water
- Watersday: Water and Fire
- Lightsday: Light and Dark
- Darksday: Dark and Light
- Examine the two corresponding oil lamps within a short period to open the door to the west. You can do this solo or have two players examine both at the same time.
- Head through it and make your way to the Ornate Gate for a cutscene.
- WARNING: FastCS and/or Enternity bugs this cutscene so if you are using them, turn them off before speaking to Justinius as directed below.
- WARNING: Cutscene also appears to bug if using Config's FrameRateDivisor of anything other than 2 (30fps cap).