|The Pursuit of Paradise
||Chains of Promathia
||???, La Theine Plateau - (G-6)
||Tenzen left for the La Theine Plateau to seek out the terrestrial avatar Carbuncle, and request his assistance in your battle with the emptiness.
Note: If you did not already do so, speak with Cid to begin this mission.
- Head to (G-6) in La Theine Plateau and click on the ??? there.
- There are several other quests that begin at this ??? so you may need to watch several cutscenes to make sure you got the right one.
- Head to the tower at (J-8) in Beaucedine Glacier and enter Pso'Xja.
- There are a total of 16 stone doors that you must pass through and each one of them has a high chance to spawn a Gargoyle when you check it.
- Defeat the Gargoyle and move through the door quickly as it won't stay open for very long.
- Some things to remember:
- The doors cannot be opened from the other side (i.e. one-way). If someone doesn't make it through the door in time, they will be stuck.
- There are various other mobs in some of these rooms that are aggresive. Cryptonberries aggro to sight, Magic Millstones aggro magic.
- These monsters WILL aggro you through the doors so take caution fighting close to the next door.
- It is possible for a Thief to pick the trap and open the door without spawning a Gargoyle, although it rarely works.
- Some doors may not spawn anything and simply open.
- After you have made your way past all 16 doors, sneak up and head down the elevator. Check the Avatar Gate at the bottom for a cutscene.
And the Compass Guides
- Head to the tower at (H-10) in Beaucedine Glacier and enter Pso'Xja for a cutscene.
- Make sure you have some Silent Oil and Prism Powder, regardless of level. Unless you're high enough and want to fight your way through.
- There are a few one way walls in here that can be confusing. Walk around the outer perimeter of the map until you are almost back where you started (I-8).
- Head west through the wall and drop through a hole in the floor.
- Exit the room to the south, follow the hallway, and enter the room to the north at the end of the hallway.
- Take the elevator down to the Avatar Gate for a cutscene.
- Return to Cid once again to finish this path.
If you have completed the other 2 paths (Ulmia's Path, Louverance's Path), Cid will give an additonal cutscene and you can move on to the next Chapter: For Whom the Verse is Sung.