A.M.A.N. Trove • Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Geas Fete • High-Tier Battlefields • Monthly Campaigns • Odyssey • Omen • Skirmish • Sortie • Unity • Vagary
Artifact: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Relic: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Empyrean: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Weapon Augments • Escutcheons|
|Abjurations iL119 • Superior Equipment • JSE Necks • Divergence Weapon Augments||Guides • Crafting • Trusts • Job Points • Apex Monsters|
The Hills Are Alive
From FFXI Wiki
|Type:||Kindred Seal Notorious Monster|
|Entry Item:||Themis Orb|
|Time Limit||30 minutes|
- Tartaruga Gigante fight is very similar to fighting Aspidochelone.
- He will periodically retreat into its shell. When this happens:
- It will gain an extremely strong Regen effect.
- It gains slightly higher defense.
- Doing a significant amount of damage (approximately 4000?) will often prompt it to retreat into or out of its shell.
- A typical tactic to defeat this NM is to make use of Skillchains and Magic Burst (usually Darkness or Distortion with a burst of Blizzard IV or Freeze II) to keep the turtle out of its shell.
- It is important to control the amount of damage you burst so that you do not drive it back into its shell in the same volley. Timing your magic burst is a good way to do this.
- It is also important that you try to keep him Silenced, as he will not change his shell state if he is casting.
- This KSNM is easily done with 18 Black Mages or a well coordinated group with a pair of melee and 3 good nukers.
- The loot pool follows this pattern: