The Ygnas Directive
NOTE: Before you are able to begin this Questline, you must possess the Golden shovel cordon Key Item!
|The Ygnas Directive|
|Required Fame||Adoulin Fame Level: 9|
|Starting NPC||Fremilla, Eastern Adoulin - (K-9)|
|Pack||Seekers of Adoulin|
|Title||Contributer from the Shadows|
|Description||(1) Figure out where Ygnas has been sneaking off to and report back to Fremilla.
(2) Figure out the mystery behind the missing tomatoes and report back to Fremilla.
(3) Figure out exactly what Ygnas has been up to and report back to Fremilla.
(4) Figure out the nature of the relationship between the young woman at the Cafe des Larmes and Ygnas and report back to Fremilla.
(5) Figure out exactly what is going on with Ygnas and report back to Fremilla.
(6) Figure what is going on outside of Adoulin and report back to Fremilla.
|Previous Quest||Next Quest|
|The Light Within||The Arciela Directive|
|Have completed the quest Records of Eminence.
Have completed the Seekers of Adoulin Missions.
|18,000 Sparks of Eminence, 30,000 Experience Points|
This quest does not appear in the quest log like normal quests do, as it is run though Records of Eminence.
- Talk to Ploh Trishbahk (K-9) after obtaining the Golden Shovel Cordon Key Item for a short cutscene to begin the quest.
- Obtaining the Golden Shovel will grant you the title Contributer from the Shadows.
- Set the The Ygnas Directive 1 Records of Eminence Objective.
- Quests → Objective List → Other → RoE Quests 2 → The Ygnas Directive 1
- Head to Rala Waterways and talk to Chalvava at (F-11) for a cutscene.
- The best way there is from the Western Adoulin (Near the Mog House) entrance at (I/J-12).
- Return to Ploh Trishbahk for a short cutscene which completes the Records of Eminence Objective and opens up the second Objective.
- Set the The Ygnas Directive 2 Records of Eminence Objective.
- Quests → Objective List → Other → RoE Quests 2 → The Ygnas Directive 2
- Check the Mischief Marker in Western Adoulin at (J-11) to trigger a short cutscene with Tuffle-Buffle and Musto-Rusto.
- The best way there is from either the Inventor's Coalition or Mog House warps.
- Speak with Virsaint at (H-8) (near the Platea Triumphus) for a cutscene.
- Return to Ploh Trishbahk for a cutscene which completes the Records of Eminence Objective.
- Wait a game day after completion of the previous objective.
- Speak with Ploh Trishbahk for a cutscene which opens up the third Objective.
- Set the The Ygnas Directive 3 Records of Eminence Objective.
- Quests → Objective List → Other → RoE Quests 2 → The Ygnas Directive 3
- Speak with Roskin (near the Statue of the Goddess) for a cutscene, where he will ask for Copse Candy
- Copse Candy can be obtained for 10,000 bayld after unlocking its purchase from Runje Desaali.
- To unlock with Runje Desaali decline the initial offer of selling it to you for 100,000 bayld, she will offer to sell it to you for 10,000 bayld in exchange for a Jungle Nectar, which is sold by Soupox in Leafallia.
- It may be necessary to ask her "What's up with the leafkin" to get the CS.
- You don't have to decline the offer; even if you accept it, you will still be asked to retrieve the Nectar for a discount.
- Note: Copse Candy obtained through the Login Campaign will be stolen in an amusing cutscene until you get the nectar for Runje.
- Trade Roskin the Copse Candy for a cutscene.
- Return to Ploh Trishbahk for a cutscene which completes the Records of Eminence Objective, rewards you with Delegate's Cuffs, and opens up the fourth Objective.
- Set the The Ygnas Directive 4 Records of Eminence Objective.
- Quests → Objective List → Other → RoE Quests 2 → The Ygnas Directive 4
- Speak with Levil in the Pioneer's Coalition for a cutscene.
- Speaking with Yocile, "the young woman at the Cafe des Larmes," prior will direct you to the Mummer's Coalition, however Levil must be spoken to for the quest to continue.
- The Levil CS may be blocked by another quest where he talks about Arciela and Kamihr Drifts. If this is the case you will need to speak to Ploh Trishbahk before you can continue.
- Speak with Masad in the Mummer's Coalition for another cutscene.
- Beat Ygnas at the minigame: Boom or Bust to continue. To win, you must win 3 rounds. If you lose, speak twice with Masad to try again.
- Purchasing the Key Item Grunt Heard 'Round the World from Runje Desaali for 30,000 Bayld will guarantee victory. This option opens up after you lose a total of 3 matches (or 9 losses). (This KI will make Ygnas shoot until he busts; thus, your victory is assured if you simply stay on your first round.)
- A suggested tactic is to keep shooting till you bust, in the hopes that you get a 5 or 6. This will also give you enough time for Ygnas to get to either 10 or 11, at which point he will stay and preform a trick on you. After he has used his trick, he most likely will stay, at which point you can trick a high card onto him in the hopes of busting him. Since he can no longer trick you back, you either both bust, or he busts and you win. This is a reliable way to win.
- The easiest way is to roll once then stay 9 times then go buy the key item from Runje Desaali because the game has a lot of menus and losses. Select the bottom option to buy it in the menu then return to Masad, roll once then stay 3 times again to win or use the below table if you want to play the game.
- Each round is played by either "shooting", "staying", using a trick, or folding.
- Shooting increases your roll in the same manner that a Corsair's Phantom Roll works.
- Just like with Corsair's rolls, getting more than 11 total will cause you to "bust", and thus lose the round.
- Staying closes the round for you.
- Either play may stay while the other player may continue.
- When both players stay, the round ends and whoever has the highest number closest to 11 wins.
- Using a trick does one of three things:
- You may only use one trick per round.
- Peeking lets you look at one roll of the opponent.
- This seems pretty pointless as you can not swap or use crooked after this.
- Swapping lets you change one of your rolls for one of the opponent's.
- Useful if you bust to then switch a roll in the hopes of lowering your total or causing the opponent to bust.
- Alternatively if you have gone several rounds with one high roll and several low then you can exchange your high roll to cause the opponent to bust.
- Crooked cards forces your opponent to reroll a roll of your choice.
- Useful for attempting the cause the opponent to bust without messing with your rolls.
- Folding ends the round in a loss.
- Return to Ploh Trishbahk for a cutscene which completes the Records of Eminence Objective and rewards you with a Delegate's Garb.
- Wait a game day after completion of the previous objective
- Speak with Ploh Trishbahk for a cutscene which opens up the fifth Objective.
- Set the The Ygnas Directive 5 Records of Eminence Objective.
- Quests → Objective List → Other → RoE Quests 2 → The Ygnas Directive 5.
- Examine the Door: Amuchuchu's Laboratory in the back of the Inventors' Coalition in Western Adoulin (J-10) for a cutsene.
- Examine the Contemplation Site at (I-5) in Western Adoulin.
- Right beside the Adoulin Waterfront. waypoint.
- Check the ??? in Yorcia Weald at (I-7/8) (Near Ergon Locus, NW from the Frontier Station) for a cutscene.
- You will have to wait until the flash and smoke animation in this cutscene then hit enter immediately as it explodes. Ygnas will leap forward and successfully completing the cutscene.
- Failing the event will immediately allow you to repeat the event without leaving the cutscene.
- Return to Ploh Trishbahk for a cutscene which completes the Records of Eminence Objective, rewards you with 20 Pinches of High-Purity Bayld, and opens up the sixth Objective.
- Set the The Ygnas Directive 6 Records of Eminence Objective.
- Quests → Objective List → Other → RoE Quests 2 → The Ygnas Directive 6
- Speak with Zaffeld (J-8) near the castle in Eastern Adoulin for a cutscence.
- Check the Occultist Footprints in Yorcia Weald at (J-6) (southwest corner, NW from the Frontier Station) for a cutscene.
- Click the footprints again to enter the BCNM fight against The Velkk King Gramk-Droog and his 5 Velkk generals from Incursion:
Brash Gramk-Droog Durs-Vike Deathspell
· Ignor-Mnt Stealthslayer
· Liij-Vok Waaxwane
· Tryl-Wuj Wingrip
· Ymmr-Ulvid Gloomlight
- Trusts may be called once inside. You may Party with others if they have completed or are on The Ygnas Directive 6.
- You'll fight alongside Ygnas and Nashu. If either are defeated, you will lose. The NPCs are very durable. They have extremely high HP and MP. If you die and reraise mid-battle, they will be able to hold out while you recover.
- Ygnas will cast Protectra and Shellra V upon entry as well as haste and erase on himself as well as cures.
- Ygnas will constantly attack one target after the next. Is recommended to assist him (/as <t>) and the target he is after.
- Sleep is highly recommended. All NMs are resistant to light based sleeps, but are susceptible to dark based sleeps but Nashu will stand at a distance and cast divine magic including Banishga II which will wake slept mobs. Liij-Vok Waaxwane's Benediction will wake slept foes.
- All of the Velkk will use their respective 1 hour abilities, and the same TP moves from incursion including Jungle Wallop (AoE Damage, Silence, Bind, and Amnesia) from melee Velkk as well as Jungle Hoodoo (Earth damage, Paralze, Plague, and a -50% Curse) from mage velkk..
- Take care while fighting Durs-Vike Deathspell as his Meteor is rapidly cast and will tear through your trusts.
- The Velkk all seem to have roughly 50-80k HP depending on the target.
- A tank trust that is able to generate AoE enmity (Amchuchu) or casts cures and later uses some JA (such as August) will have hate on the Velkk when they awake.
- Return to Ploh Trishbahk for a cutscene which completes the Records of Eminence Objective, rewards you with 30 Pinches of High-Purity Bayld, and grants you the Key Item Ygnas's insignia.
- While in possession of Ygnas's insignia, speaking to Runje Desaali in Eastern Adoulin (J-10) will have her offer to reforge your "Adoulin Scenario-Reward Ring" for a cost of 100 Pinches of High-Purity Bayld.
- If you wish to exchange your HQ Ring with another, you must first pay 300,000 Bayld to Ploh Trishbahk after trading her your current HQ ring. After that, take your new NQ ring to Runje Desaali. You will need to bring along another x100 High-Purity Bayld for your fee.