Excalibur (Level 119 III)
|Description:||DMG:164 Delay:233 Attack+60 Magic Damage+186 Sword skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +255 "Knights of Round" Aftermath: "Regen"+30 "Refresh"+3 Afterglow|
|Flags:||Equippable, Not vendorable, Not sendable, Exclusive, Rare|
|Jobs:||Red Mage / Paladin|
|Weapon Skill:||Knights of Round|
|Versions:||Lv. 75 - Lv. 80 - Lv. 85 - Lv. 90 - Lv. 95|
|Lv. 99 - Lv. 99 II - iLevel 119 - iLevel 119 II - iLevel 119 III|
|Duration:||Floor( 0.06×TP )|
|Final REME Upgrade||Non-Afterglow Item Level 119 weapons cost 10,000 Plutons.|
|Final REME Upgrade||Afterglow Item Level 119 weapons cost 1 Pluton.|
|Dealer Moogle||Various||Trade a Kupon W-R119 or Mog Kupon W-R119
This Kupon provides an un-augmented weapon.
|Dealer Moogle||Various||Trade a Kupon W-RMEA or Mog Kupon W-RMEA
This Kupon provides an weapon.
|This item is able to be augmented!|
|Augmented Via||Zone||Required Items|
|Oboro||Port Jeuno - (E-6)||S. Astral Detritus & M. Astral Detritus
See Oboro for prerequisites
|Augments - R15 (Max)|
Knights of Round: Damage +20%
Chance of successful block +10%
- This weapon allows user to use the weaponskill Knights of Round.
- Deals Slashing Damage damage equal to 25% of the wielder's current HP. This displays as an "Additional Effect" line in the in-game chat log.
- This amount is subject to Modifiers.
- Hidden Effect: Knights of Round damage +40%
- At Rank 15 Augment level, total damage bonus is +68% because they are different terms in the equation that get multiplied together.
- Hidden Effect: Does Triple Damage on the first swing of an attack round 13% of the time.
The Excalibur is arguably the most famous mythological sword in history. Wielded by King Arthur of England in the late 5th to the early 6th centuries the number of tales surrounding this sword are as many as the Arthurian legends themselves. The sheer number of feats and attributes tied to the Excalibur border on the absurd; from being able to blind its wielders opponents with sunlight reflected off the blade, being able to shatter a sword greater in size to it in a single strike to bringing near-immortal endurance to its wielder.
The latter two of these attributes are actually reflected by the in-game attributes of Excalibur in that it occasionally deals massive damage proportional to the HP of the wielder and that it has a strong Regen aftermath effect attached to it. Given its crucial status in Arthurian legend there is little surprise that the weapon skill Knights of Round is attached to it.