Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • A.M.A.N. Trove • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
Shield skill is a combat skill that determines a player's ability to activate an equipped shield to block an incoming physical attack. When a physical attack is successfully blocked by a Shield, the damage taken from the attack is significantly reduced.
- Shields can block any physical attacks coming from the front of the player
- The player does not need to be engaged to an enemy to block an attack.
- All shields have a hidden game statistic: Shield Size.
- While not viewable in game, it is programmed into the game to each individual shield and can be seen on the individual wiki pages for each shield.
- The job trait Shield Mastery prevents the casting of spells from being interrupted by a physical attack if all hits while casting are successfully blocked and allows successful blocks to generate additional TP return for the player.
While all jobs can equip certain shields and several jobs have innate shield skill (see below), Paladins are the shield masters with the widest and most powerful variety of equipable shields, as well as several job traits and abilities to enhance the use of shields.
Shield Skill Caps
|Job||Grade||Level 49||Level 99|
- Shield Skill vs. Block Rate Testing (Martel, BG/FFXIAH)
- Block Rate Unified Formula Testing (Showmo, FFXIAH)