|Calm Before the Storm
||Chains of Promathia
||Metalworks - Cid - (H-8)
||The crystal propulsion unit of Cid's airship has been damaged. You are to call Louverance back from Carpenter's Landing, and Shikaree Z back from Bibiki Bay. You must also find the Chebukki siblings in Tavnazia and retrieve the vessel of light.
NOTE: If you have not finished Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, it's strongly recommended you finish it before continuing. Once you start The Warrior's Path, your last chance to progress in Rhapsodies will be during A Fate Decided, after which you'll be unable to progress until the final cutscene of Dawn, which includes a Japanese Midnight wait.
- After your conversation with Cid, you will be off to fight 3 monsters all across the globe. They can be defeated in any order.
- Head to Carpenters' Landing from the east entrance in Jugner Forest (J-8).
- Travel to (I-9) in Carpenters' Landing and look for a ??? near the water. Clicking this ??? spawns a Cryptonberry Executor (NIN).
- Shortly after he pops, 3 Cryptonberry Assassins (THF, SMN, BLM) will appear.
- They can all use their respective job's 2 hour ability. Avoid Mijin Gakure by killing the Executor first, and very quickly.
- Astral Flow is the next concern, but it is still significantly weaker then the Executor's Mijin Gakure.
- Make sure your party's HP remains high until the NIN and SMN are defeated.
- Check the ??? again once the Tonberries are dead to receive a cutscene.
- Travel to (F-6) in Bibiki Bay and look for a ??? inside a cave. Clicking this spawns a Kraken-type mob named Dalham.
- Both the Survival Guide and Unity Warp 119 are similarly close.
- It doesn't use any 2 hour ability although it may appear that it has been using Hundred Fists by the time the fight is over.
- The familiar "Dust Cloud" 2 hour animation can be seen at several points during the fight, however, they only indicate that Dalham is increasing its attack speed, not using a 2 hour.
- Check the ??? after defeating Dalham for a cutscene.