- Tojil is the Delve boss for Morimar Basalt Fields.
- Tojil's HP bar is normally shrouded for the duration of the battle.
- Multiple aspects of the battle change with Tojil's remaining HP and the status of his Flame Cloak aura.
- The primary strategy used to defeat Tojil is to ignore the Flame Cloak effect and Stun all abilities (ignoring Pyroclastic Surge if Stun resistance is expected to be an issue based on the battle duration) and powerful or crippling spells (e.g. Breakga and Meteor).
- Normal auto-attacks are chosen from one of three types:
- Bite: Single target physical damage, Defense Down (-20%)
- Charge: Frontal AoE physical damage, Stun, heavy knockback
- Spin: AoE physical damage, light knockback
Physical Damage Resistances
- Tojil's physical damage resistances and susceptibilities change throughout the battle, based on remaining HP.
- 100%-75% HP: Takes reduced physical damage (-50%)
- Non-physical damage sources such as Formless Strikes are useful for speeding up the first 25% of the battle.
- 74%-50% HP: Takes increased piercing damage (+100%)
- 49%-25% HP: Takes increased slashing damage (+100%)
- <25% HP: Takes increased blunt damage (+100%)
- Blistering Roar is used upon engagement and at each 25% HP threshold (the first move below 75%, 50%, and 25% HP). It is not used at any other time.
- Tojil's other available techniques depend on whether the Flame Cloak aura from Blistering Roar is active and on Tojil's remaining HP(see below):
- Aura active: Pyroclastic Surge, Batholithic Shell, Incinerating Lahar
- Aura inactive: Pyroclastic Surge, Batholithic Shell, Searing Serration, Tyrannical Blow, Volcanic Stasis
- <50% HP: Incinerating Lahar can be used without aura active.
- Stunning Incinerating Lahar is a crucial component of the battle as it can quickly cripple and wipe groups with no prepared back-up plan. Volcanic Stasis is also important to Stun as it can render players in range impotent until another buff cycle is completed. Note that after 20 Stuns, the resist rate will dramatically increase depending on Magic Accuracy until Stun is fully resisted.
- Tojil receives multiple dispellable buffs from Blistering Roar (2 buffs) and Batholithic Shell (5 buffs). In order to quickly remove the buffs, multiple players should attempt dispel when either of these moves are successfully utilized.
- Tojil's available spells depend on remaining HP and whether the Flame Cloak is active (see below). Aside from Sleepga, which can be cast at any time, the alignment of his elemental spells shifts with each phase:
- 100%-75% HP /
- Active: Sleepga, Breakga, Slowga, Stone V, Stonega V, Thunder IV, Thundaga IV
- Inactive: Sleepga, Break, Slowga, Stone IV, Stonega IV, Thunder III, Thundaga III
- 74%-50% HP /
- Active: Sleepga, Silencega, Dispelga, Sleepga, Diaga III, Drain, Holy II, Meteor
- Inactive: Sleepga, Dispel, Diaga II, Holy, Comet
- 49%-25% HP /
- Active: Sleepga, Stun (AoE), Blindga, Diaga III, Holy II, Meteor, Kaustra
- Inactive: Sleepga, Stun, Blindga, Diaga II, Holy, Comet, Impact
- <25% HP /
- Active: Sleepga, Silencega, Graviga, Firaja, Flare, Aeroga V, Aero V
- Inactive: Sleepga, Fire V, Aeroga IV, Aero IV
Flame Cloak Effect
- Immediately after using Blistering Roar, Tojil gains a visible magical flame cloak (this effect will activate even if the move is successfully stunned).
- Blistering Roar is used once immediately upon pull or aggro, and three more times as the next TP move below each 25% HP threshold (as the first TP move below 75%, 50%, and 25% HP).
- If not stunned, Blistering Roar grants powerful defense and magic defense boosts to Tojil, which will need to be dispelled.
- Activation of the flame cloak modifies Tojil's abilities and adds aura debuffs:
- Tojil will use his highest tier and most powerful magic spells only while the effect is active.
- Tojil's TP moves will be selected from only Pyroclastic Surge, Batholithic Shell, and Incinerating Lahar while the effect is active.
- While the flame cloak is active, Tojil has a powerful Attack Down and Burn aura which affects all players in range.
- The flame cloak can be removed by dealing a certain amount of elemental damage from a specific element. The element changes with each reapplication of the aura. Current theory is that in each phase, the cloak is removed by dealing damage from one of the elements of one of the level two skillchain properties.(BG):(BG):