Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Domain Invasion · Geas Fete · Omen
Ambuscade · Dynamis Divergence · Unity · High-Tier Mission Battlefields · Master Trials · Monstrosity
|Guides · Trust Magic · Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Job Points · Crafting||February Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons|
Were you looking for Superior Equipment?
Beginning with the Seekers of Adoulin expansion pack (the March 2013 Version Update), newly added visible armor and weaponry for level 99 characters has an attribute known as Item Level. Although the level at which the equipment can be worn remains 99, the stats of the equipment continue to increase as item level increases. An equipment piece's item level is displayed at the lower right of its help text.
Even though some content is higher than Level 119 difficulty, Item Levels have been capped at 119 even though stats much higher than that have been added to 119 armor such as Reforged Artifact Armor +3.
Because player levels do not continue to increase past level 99, level 99 equipment items with item levels of 100 or higher bestow significant increases to many statistics and attributes which would otherwise normally increase with player level (offensive and defensive combat skills, defense, magic defense, magic accuracy, evasion, magic evasion, HP, MP, STR, DEX, VIT, AGI, INT, MND, and CHR). These attributes serve as a base set of statistics and are present in addition to any specialized attributes granted to individual pieces of equipment. The addition of these statistics allow a player's overall statistics to continue to grow significantly even once they reach the level cap of 99 by obtaining gear of increasingly higher item levels.
When equipped with an item level weapon, certain benefits are applied to the player.
- Beastmaster: Pet's stats scale according to the level of the weapon equipped in the main weapon slot.
- Dragoon: Pet's stats scale according to the level of the weapon equipped in the main weapon slot.
- Magic Accuracy Skill is added to all jobs according to the level of the weapon equipped in the main weapon slot.
- This statistic is not nearly as powerful as traditional Magic Accuracy.
- Ninja: The chance of a shadow being absorbed with Utsusemi varies according to the level of the weapon equipped in the main weapon slot.
- Trust Magic: Alter Ego's statistics all level higher similar to that of players.
When equipped with certain ammo items, Avatar and Automaton stats can be enhanced
- Puppetmaster: Automaton levels are based on the Animator that is equipped.
- Summoner: Avatars are enhanced depending on which ammo slot item is equipped. This includes Defense.
When players check an enemy while equipped with one or more pieces of item level equipment, the message displayed which estimates the relative difficulty of the enemy will vary with the average item level of the players' visible equipment. For monsters above the player's character level, the average item level will impact the amount of experience received.
- Only visible armor (head, body, hands, legs, and feet), shields, weapons, and ammo are granted item levels and continued vertical stat progression.
- For Item Level gear which can be Augmented, the Item Level of the gear is set for the item's base statistics plus the highest possible value augments.
Item Levels / Equipment
|Item Level||Corresponding Equipment|
|119||The majority of end-game content Post-Delve has been Item Level 119.|
|118||HQ Delve Boss Crafted Equipment|
|117||NQ Delve Boss Crafted Equipment|
|115||Naakual HQ Equipment|
|113|| Delve NM Weapons|
HQ Skirmish Weapons, Skirmish Armor
|110||Delve NM Armor|
|109||Reforged Artifact Armor, Reforged Relic Armor|
|108||HQ Crafted Equipment (Voay)|
|107||NQ Crafted Equipment (Voay)|
|106|| Naakual NQ Equipment|
Reive (Bayld) Tier 2 Armor/Weapons
|105||NQ Skirmish Weapons|
|101||HQ Crafted Equipment (normal monster materials)|
|100|| Reive (Bayld) Tier 1 Armor/Weapons|
NQ Crafted Equipment (normal monster materials)