Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity • Unity • Odyssey • A.M.A.N. Trove
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting|
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Augments • Escutcheons||Latest Update Items|
Tatter and Scrap Synergy
- 1 Overview
- 2 Obtaining Tatters and Scraps
- 3 Generic Recipes
- 4 Augments
- 4.1 Random Augment Pool
- 4.2 Sky God Armor and Weapon Augments
- 4.3 Kirin's Osode and Kirin's Pole Augments
- 4.4 Aquarian (Zenith Armor + Aquarian Tatter)
- 4.5 Dryadic (Shura Armor + Dryadic Tatter)
- 4.6 Earthen (Adaman Armor + Earthen Tatter)
- 4.7 Hadean (Shadow Coat Armor + Hadean Tatter)
- 4.8 Martial (Koenig Armor + Martial Tatter)
- 4.9 Neptunal (Hecatomb Armor + Neptunal Tatter)
- 4.10 Phantasmal (Shadow Breastplate Armor + Phant. Tatter)
- 4.11 Wyrmal (Crimson Armor + Wyrmal Tatter)
- 5 Related Links
- 6 Reference
"Tatters" and "Scraps" obtained from abjurations and sky god seals are used in Synergy recipes that add augments to your equipment. At the completion of the Synergy, you are given the option to keep or reject the new augment set. If you choose not to keep it, your piece of equipment with its old Augment is returned to you. If you keep it, you get the new augment. Either way, you lose the "Tatter" or "Scrap" any time you successfully complete the Synergy.
Obtaining Tatters and Scraps
Tatters are a product of Abjuration Synergy. Yield is based upon the Abjuration slot used (Head/Body/Hands/Legs/Feet) and the HQ Tier.
Example: Martial Abjuration: Hands -> HQ 1 Synergy -> 8 Martial Tatters
- Non-Abjuration Sky gear is synergized with a Scrap from the seal of the same monster that drops the equipment.
- Abjuration gear is synergized with a Tatter from its own Abjuration family.
Possible augments vary on a piece-by-piece basis. There are three subsets of augments:
- HQ-Forced Augments: Each piece has one specific augment that is forced to appear on any tier high-quality synergy result.
- Common Augments: Each piece has four specific augments that occur with high probability. These additional four augments are a combination of uncommon stats like Enhances Zanshin or Pet: Magic Accuracy and more common stats like Attack or DEX.
- Random Augments: All pieces share a large pool of augments which contains common stats and resistances. Augments from this pool are chosen slightly less frequently than "common augments" with a strong bias towards resistances at lower result quality tiers.
Using an HQ Abjuration armor (e.g. Armada Hauberk vs. Adaman Hauberk) increases the cap (but not the minimum) on the "HQ" and "common" augments, typically by 1. This is not applicable for Sky God Armor/Weapons, which have no High Quality versions.
The synergy augment process works as follows:
- You synergize your armor with the appropriate scrap or tatter (your synergy skill level and final elemental alignment influence the HQ tier of the result).
- It is possible to determine the HQ tier of the result from the Cinder yield (see the table below).
- Your HQ Tier determines the number and type of slots for augments you get, as well as the potential range of values of the augments (see the table below).
- The "HQ augment" values increase with each HQ tier, with the highest value only possible on HQ3.
- The "common" four augments values increase with each HQ tier, with the highest values generally possible on HQ2 or HQ3.
- "Random" augment values are not related to HQ tier.
- There appears to be a 50% or greater chance of slots besides the "HQ augment" being one of the four "common augments" for that piece rather than one from the "random augment" pool. The random augment pool does not consider the stats already on the armor/weapon before determining which augment will be received (i.e. you could get DEX+5 on a Byakko's Haidate or Magic Attack Bonus+8 on Zenith Mitts), so it is actually possible to get better augments pulling from the Random Augment pool than the 1-in-4 pool, which could result in extremely powerful (and extremely rare) stat combinations.
- Approximate overall success rates for a skill level 80 synergist (assuming the synergy process is ended with perfect alignment) are NQ: ~15%, HQ1: ~60%, HQ2: ~15%, HQ3: ~10%.
Random Augment Pool
Selection of augments from the random pool (but not the range of values) is influenced by the HQ tier of the synergy result, with the lower three rows (statistics, as opposed to resistances) being more probable at higher HQ tiers.
|Elemental Resistance||/ / / / / / /||1-9|
|Status Resistance||Resist Virus/Slow/Stun/Paralyze/Blind/Bind/Silence/Poison/Sleep/Gravity||1-6|
The HQ-forced and four common augments for each piece of armor are listed below. Reference the armor page for the known ranges of values on the augments.
Augments from the Random Augment table above will not be listed on individual pages, as the probability of them occurring does not vary from piece to piece.
Sky God Armor and Weapon Augments
Kirin's Osode and Kirin's Pole Augments
The augments received on Kirin's Osode and Kirin's Pole vary with the type of scrap used in the synergy augment process.
Aquarian (Zenith Armor + Aquarian Tatter)
Dryadic (Shura Armor + Dryadic Tatter)
Earthen (Adaman Armor + Earthen Tatter)
|Equipment||HQ Augment||Common Augments|
|Adaman/Armada Celata||Dark Magic Skill||Magic Accuracy||Conserve MP|
|MP Recovered While Healing|
|Adaman/Armada Hauberk||Double Attack||HP||MP|
|Store TP||Subtle Blow|
|Adaman/Armada Breeches||STR||INT||Conserve TP|
|Enmity-||Pet: Attack/Ranged Attack|
|Adaman/Armada Sollerets||Pet: Haste||CHR||Call Beast Delay|
|Pet: DEF||Pet: Subtle Blow|
Hadean (Shadow Coat Armor + Hadean Tatter)
Martial (Koenig Armor + Martial Tatter)
Neptunal (Hecatomb Armor + Neptunal Tatter)
|Equipment||HQ Augment||Common Augments|
|Hecatomb Cap/+1||Double Attack||INT||CHR|
|Hecatomb Harness/+1||DEX||Attack||Conserve TP|
|Store TP||Pet: Store TP|
|Hecatomb Mittens/+1||Critical Hit Damage||Accuracy||Dagger Skill|
|Sword Skill||Axe Skill|
|Hecatomb Subligar/+1||Critical Hit Rate||Evasion||Accuracy|
|Subtle Blow||Pet: Accuracy/Ranged Accuracy|
|Hecatomb Leggings/+1||STR||Attack||Great Axe Skill|
|Scythe Skill||Polearm Skill|