Geomancy is a class of spells exclusive to Geomancers.
Geomancy spells are divided into two categories: Indicolures and Geocolures. The potency of each variant is identical, with the only difference being that the circle of influence for Indicolures is centered on a player, while the circle of influence for Geocolures is centered on a pet called a Luopan. In both cases, the base radius is 6 yalms.
The potency of these spells depends on combined Geomancy Skill and Handbell Skill. Each spell's potency is divided into skill tiers, with the number of skill levels and impact per tier varying by spell. All Geomancy spells reach their maximum potency at 900‡ combined skill. Geomancy+ equipment adds one potency tier per point independent of skill level--see the table below for details.
- Geomancy+ items do not stack; if multiple items with Geomancy+ are equipped, only the highest value will apply.
- Geomancy+ weapons take effect only when equipped on the main hand.
- Geomancy+ items do not affect Entrusted spells.
- Geomancy spells which apply buffs to allies (regardless of whether they are applied through Indicolures or Geocolures) affect only the caster's (or Entrust target's) party members, and do not affect pets.
- Geomancy spells which apply debuffs to enemies (regardless of whether they are applied through Indicolures or Geocolures) take effect only on enemies for which the caster (or Entrust target) is on the hate list. You must "tag" each enemy you wish to affect by attacking, casting an offensive spell (the initial target of a Geocolure is already tagged), or casting a spell such as Cure on a player who already has hate on the enemy. Multiple enemies can be tagged with a single action. This restriction does not apply in zones where all players are on the hate list by default, such as Outer Ra'Kaznar (U) (Vagary) and Maquette Abdhaljs-Legion (Ambuscade).
- See Geomancer for a complete list of geomancy sorted by usable level.
|Spell||Parameter||Combined Skill per Potency Tier§||Additional Potency from Geomancy+|
|Bagua Charm +1||Bagua Charm +2||Idris|
|Indi/Geo-Acumen||Magic Attack Bonus||+3||+15||75||+9||+15||+18||+21||+30|
|Indi/Geo-Base Stat||STR / DEX / VIT / AGI / INT / MND / CHR||+1||+25||37||+6||+10||+12||+14||+20|
|Indi/Geo-Fade||Magic Attack Bonus||-5||-20||60||-12||-20||-24||-28||-40|
|Indi/Geo-Fend||Magic Defense Bonus||+5||+20||60||+12||+20||+24||+28||+40|
|Indi/Geo-Fury||Attack & Ranged Attack||+4.6%||+34.7%||+8.1%||+13.5%||+16.2%||+18.9%||+27%|
|Indi/Geo-Malaise||Magic Defense Bonus||-3||-15||75||-9||-15||-18||-21||-30|
|Indi/Geo-Paralysis||Paralysis Proc Rate||1%||15%||64||+3%||+5%||+6%||+7%||+10%|
|Indi/Geo-Poison||Poison Damage per Tick||1||30||20||+9||+15||+18||+21||+30|
|Indi/Geo-Precision||Accuracy & Ranged Accuracy||+1||+50||18||+15||+25||+30||+35||+50|
|Indi/Geo-Refresh||Refresh MP per Tick||1||6||120||+3||+5||+6||+7||+10|
|Indi/Geo-Regen||Regen HP per Tick||1||30||20||+6||+10||+12||+14||+20|
|Indi/Geo-Slip||Accuracy & Ranged Accuracy||-1||-65||14||-18||-30||-36||-42||-60|
|Indi/Geo-Wilt||Attack & Ranged Attack||-4.6%||-25%||-13.8%||-23%||-27.6%||-32.2%||-46%|
§ Potency tiers given are in integer tiers (eg: ±1 effect potency), hover text is given for those spells with non-integer skill tiers (eg: ±0.1 effect potency); however, as many of these de/buffs' effects are floored, the non-integer skill tiers are often floored to next highest integer tier below the non-integer tier.
Indicolure spells, denoted by "Indi-" in the spell name, are a series of spells learned by Geomancer that create a buffing or debuffing aura centered on the Geomancer. This aura will affect all players or enemies against which an offensive action has been performed within the aura.
Indicolure spells are learned by using spell plates (akin to spell scrolls), and can be cast with Geomancer set as either a main or a sub job.
Base duration is 180 seconds. "Indicolure spell duration+" on equipment is added to the base duration in seconds, and from augments is a second multiplicative term similar to how Enhancing Magic Duration functions.
Note that because only Geomancers may equip a handbell, the potency of Indicolure spells is significantly restricted from a Geomancer sub.
|Nonaugmented Indicolure Duration Gear|
|Azimuth Gaiters +1||Feet||GEO||+20|
|Bagua Pants +1||Legs||GEO||+15|
|Bagua Pants +2||Legs||GEO||+18|
|Bagua Pants +3||Legs||GEO||+21|
*Nonaugmented Indicolure Duration Gear is a separate term from Augmented Gear.
|Augmented Enhancing Duration Gear|
|Gada||Club||WHM BLM SMN SCH GEO||1~11%|
*Augmented Indicolure Duration Gear is a separate term from Nonaugmented Gear.
Geocolure spells, denoted by "Geo-" in the spell name, are a series of spells learned by Geomancer that create a buffing or debuffing aura centered on a Luopan.
The Luopan is a device placed on the ground by the Geomancer and creates an aura which affects all players or enemies against which an offensive action has been performed. The HP of the Luopan decays over time, with equipment that grant pets auto-regen (Pet: Regen +X) reducing the decay in a similar relation as auto-refresh to avatar and spirit perpetuation cost. It can also be damaged by AoE enemy offensive moves, with equipment that grants pets damage taken effects applying to Luopans as well.
Only one Luopan can be placed by a geomancer at any given time, but the placed Luopan can be instantly destroyed with the ability Full Circle, which can be modified to restore HP and MP to the caster, Mending Halation, which restores HP to players standing within the area of effect, Radial Arcana, which restores MP to players standing within the area of effect, and Concentric Pulse, which deals damage to enemies within the area of effect.
Geocolure spells are learned by finding various Geomantic Reservoirs located around Vana'diel, but can only be learned by a Geomancer once the corresponding Indicolure is already known. Geocolure spells can only be cast by a Geomancer main job. The effects of Geocolure spells can be enhanced with Blaze of Glory, Ecliptic Attrition, and Bolster, and the duration can be increased with Lasting Emanation.
- When casting a Geocolure using subtarget (via the menu or with an <st>-type macro), you may hold Ctrl or Alt and use the arrow keys to position your bubble in a different location than the target itself.
- Luopans will vanish after 10 minutes even if they have not been defeated.
- Luopans have an innate -50% Damage Taken. Pet damage taken reduction caps at 87.5%, meaning the sum of Pet: Damage Taken and Luopan: Damage Taken from equipment must total only -38% to reach the cap.
Skill Caps by Job
|Job||Grade||Level 49||Level 99|
- The values above are the same for geomancy and handbell skills.
|Item||Level||iLevel||Slot||Jobs||Geomancy Skill||Handbell Skill||Potency Factor៛|
|Azimuth Hood +1||99||119||Head||GEO||15||0||0|
|Bagua Tunic +1||99||119||Body||GEO||12||0||0|
|Bagua Tunic +2||99||119||Body||GEO||14||0||0|
|Bagua Tunic +3||99||119||Body||GEO||16||0||0|
|Geomancy Mitaines +1||99||119||Hands||GEO||15||0||0|
|Geomancy Mitaines +2||99||119||Hands||GEO||17||0||0|
|Geomancy Mitaines +3||99||119||Hands||GEO||19||0||0|
|Hike Khat||99||119||Head||WHM / BLM / RDM / BRD / SMN / PUP / SCH / GEO||5||0||0|
|Hike Khat +1||99||119||Head||WHM / BLM / RDM / BRD / SMN / PUP / SCH / GEO||6||0||0|
|Stikini Ring +1||99||-||Rings||All||8||8||0|
|Kobo Obi||99||-||Waist||WHM / BLM / RDM / BRD / SMN / BLU / SCH / GEO||5||0||0|
|Bagua Charm +1||99||-||Neck||GEO||0||0||6|
|Bagua Charm +2||99||-||Neck||GEO||0||0||7|
Spell Cheat Sheet
Please Note: The above +5, +6, +7, and +10 values are the TOTAL value of the item plus the maximum skill value, not the boost from the item alone.
Pages in category "Geomancy"
The following 60 pages are in this category, out of 60 total.