Were you looking for Adventurer Campaigns?
Participating in Campaign
In order to participate in Campaign, complete the Mission Back to the Beginning to align yourself with one of the nations. Select carefully and it is recommended to join the allied force of your home nation to reap the maximum benefits of your service for both you and your nation.
- In the final cutscene of the previous Mission Cavernous Maws, you will be sent to one of the following locations randomly: Sauromugue Champaign (S), Rolanberry Fields (S), or Batallia Downs (S). It will also tell you to go to the corresponding dungeon in the area, depending on where you land. You do NOT have to follow the cutscene recommendation, it is not detrimental to finishing the mission. You may go straight to the area with the NPC that will give you the key item you want, depending on which Nation you want to join.
- Once the cutscene is over, you should to travel back through the Cavernous Maw to "Unlock" that specific Cavernous Maw. Then once you have gone through, you can enter it again to go back through it to the past. Cavernous Maws can only be entered from the present time, if you have "Unlocked" them by entering them while in the past.
Notes on Alliance
- It is very important to note that you cannot join more than 1 allied force at the same time.
- To change your allegiance, simply complete the initial mission for the new nation. You don't need the recommendation letter for a change of allegiance.
- If you want to return to a nation that you have previously joined, there is a fee of 300 Allied Notes.
How Campaign Plays Out
- Determining Policy
- Tally results from the previous week* are used to determine battle strategies and logistics for the current week.
- Implementing Strategy
- Following predetermined policy, players engage in Campaign battles, Campaign Ops, etc. with the aim of expanding their nation’s territorial holdings. Teleportation services to areas where Campaign battles are underway are available via NPC.
- Tactical Assessment
- Polling is conducted in each nation concerning the implemented military policy.
Steps 1 and 2 are repeated for a period of one week (Earth time) before moving on to Step 3.
- Tallying Results
- Once per week, the tactical assessment results and completion rates of Campaign missions will be tallied to determine the following week’s battle strategies. Once these strategies are implemented, the cycle returns to Step 1.
- Campaign tallies happen every Monday after Japan Midnight (similar to Conquest on Sundays)
- The first week of Campaign will operate under predetermined strategies and policy.
“Campaign Battles” refers to those conflicts being waged in the designated areas of certain regions. Ceaselessly contested, it is only by repelling the incessant onslaughts of the Beastman Confederate that the Allied Forces of Altana can hope to lay claim to these lands once and for all. By being issued “Allied Tags” by Campaign Arbiters, players may opt to have their battle performances assessed, in return for which they may be rewarded with experience points and “Allied Notes,” a form of Campaign points. In addition, players felled in Campaign battles will suffer no loss of experience.
- Allied Tags may be acquired whenever the wartime icon is displayed before the name of the Campaign Arbiter.
Flow of Campaign Battle
1) Player travels to area where Campaign battle is underway.
2) Player has “Allied Tags” issued by Campaign Arbiter.
3) Player engages in various acts, such as besting Campaign-related monsters.
4) Player has performance assessed by Campaign Arbiter. Collects reward (experience points/Allied Notes) when applicable.
- Any Allied Tags and temporary items a player has will be handed in to the Campaign Arbiter at the time of performance assessment.
- For more details please visit our Campaign Battle section.
- For an overview of the various forces please visit the Campaign Factions section.
Lesser in scope than the large battles waged over the control of lands, Campaign Ops refer to those special operations that afford players the opportunity to engage in a plethora of war-related efforts, including troop reinforcement, supply runs, escorts, reconnaissance, espionage, and small-scale skirmishes. The Campaign Ops available for participation will vary depending on factors such as regional influence and war conditions. Most importantly, the war effort of the Allied Forces of Altana stands to benefit greatly from the successful completion of such endeavors. Campaign Ops may be undertaken by speaking to the appropriate NPC in any of the three nations.
- Players may also assist in the Campaign Ops of other nations. Successful completion of such an operation will yield experience points, beginning at level ten, as well as evaluation points. Players below level ten will be unable to gain experience points.
- Read more about Campaign Ops here.
Monthly Adventurer Campaigns
There is one type of campaign that may run any given month.
- When this Monthly Adventurer Campaign is active, multiple changes happen with the Campaign system:
- Experience Points and Allied Notes earned for evaluations in Campaign battles are doubled.
- The amount of spoils from participating in Allied Union groups are doubled.
- The four major beastmen Campaign Ops have additional rewards according to the charts below:
- Note: Specific drop figures below are not known as they are unpublished. They are simple best guess based on community reports.
|Drop Slot||Probability||Splitting Heirs (S)||Cracking Shells (B)||Plucking Wings (W)||Fiat Lux|
Dragon Meat C
The fifth and higher slots are used for the normal BCNM drops. See the BCNM page by clicking the titles above.
Repercussions in the Present
The actions and conduct of players in the past will come to have a direct role in influencing the trajectory that Vana’diel takes into the present. One such example is the dispersal patterns of monsters and beasts.
Campaign NPC Locations
|Southern San d'Oria (S)|
|Bastok Markets (S)|
|Windurst Waters (S)|
The military of each nation under the Allied Forces of Altana may receive what are known as Campaign “medals.”
- While donning a medal, the merit of a player’s performance will be judged by that nation’s Campaign Evaluation Official. These officials will take the following points into consideration when doling out their evaluations:
- ・Individual conduct in Campaign battle
- ・Campaign Ops achievements (including the assistance of other PCs)
- In both cases, the better a Campaign result is or the more difficult it is to obtain, the greater a player’s evaluation will be.
- Benefits of Medals
- Amassing medals will grant a player ever-increasing prestige amongst the forces of the army with which they are affiliated. In addition, higher-level Campaign Ops will be made available, and the player’s voice will come to carry more weight when carrying out tactical assessments.
- Undergoing a Campaign Evaluation
- Campaign evaluations are possible only 120 hours, 5 days, (Earth time) after either army enlistment, transfer, or since the player’s last evaluation.
- ・If you have obtained the Rhapsody in Mauve, evalution periods are reduced to 1 Earth hour.
- Conferment and revocation of medals
- Campaign Evaluation Officers are authorized to hand down the following three judgments:
- Promotion (rank up)
- The player will be bestowed an additional medal. The evaluation record will be reset.
- Status quo
- The player’s current rank remains the most befitting. The player’s evaluation score will be reset.
- Demotion (rank down)
- Due to not generating a satisfactory evaluation, the player will be stripped of one rank. Upon being demoted, the player’s evaluation score will be halved. This can be prevented through progress in the nation's quest branch of the Wings of the Goddess missions.
- Validity of Medals
- Every medal is imbued with a magic that determines its period of validity. This term is set at thirty days (Earth time), after which point Campaign services dependent on that medal’s validity will become inaccessible.
- Renewal of Medals
- To renew a medal’s validity players must consult the Campaign Evaluation Officer in their nation of affiliation, who will consult them on how to proceed.
Effect of Medals
- It has been confirmed that as a player continues to rank up, their medals will increase their Allied Tag capacity for holding additional AN and Exp, more than the initial ??? Exp - ??? AN cap.
Medal Assessment NPCs
The following NPCs are in charge of assessing medals:
|Alfred||Southern San d'Oria (S)||(K-10)|
|Annabelle||Bastok Markets (S)||(F-8)|
|Llewellyn||Windurst Waters (S)||(G-9)|
- Every 5 Earth days, you may receive an evaluation to rank up, maintain the current rank, or rank down.
- If you have obtained the Rhapsody in Mauve, the minimum evaluation period is reduced to 1 Earth hour.
- Each medal will remain active for 30 Earth days. After which, you will have to receive an evaluation for a new medal.
- As of the December 2010 version update, your progress in the Wings of the Goddess nation quests will guarantee a minimum rank for your campaign medal.
- Evaluations will not demote you below this minimum rank.
- You will still have to participate in campaign to be promoted to your minimum ranking.
|Key Item||Wings of the Goddess Nation Quests|
|Bronze Ribbon of Service §|
|Brass Ribbon of Service §§||Gifts of the Griffon||Better Part of Valor||The Tigress Stirs|
|Allied Ribbon of Bravery §§§|
|Allied Ribbon of Glory §§§§||Claws of the Griffon||Fires of Discontent||The Tigress Strikes|
|Bronze Star §|
|Sterling Star §§||Boy and the Beast||Light in the Darkness||Knot Quite There|
|Mythril Star §§§|
|Golden Star §§§§||Wrath of the Griffon||Burden of Suspicion||A Manifest Problem|
|Copper Emblem of Service §|
|Iron Emblem of Service §§||Perils of the Griffon||Storm on the Horizon||When One Man Is Not Enough|
|Steelknight Emblem §§§|
|Holyknight Emblem §§§§||In a Haze of Glory||Fire in the Hole||A Feast for Gnats|
|Brass Wings of Service §|
|Mythril Wings of Service §§||The Price of Valor||Quelling the Storm||The Long March North|
|Wings of Integrity §§§|
|Wings of Honor §§§§||Bonds That Never Die||Honor Under Fire||The Forbidden Path|
|Starlight Medal §||Songbirds in a Snowstorm||Beneath the Mask||Sins of the Mothers|
|Moonlight Medal §§||Blood of Heroes||What Price Loyalty||Howl from the Heavens|
|Dawnlight Medal §§§||Chasing Shadows||The Truth Lies Hid||Manifest Destiny|
|Medal of Altana §§§§||Face of the Future||Bonds of Mythril||At Journey's End|
For adventurers entering into a pact of service with the Allied Forces, the Sigil effect may be acquired by speaking with an Allied Officer. A variety of beneficial effects may be added to the Sigil at the cost of some Allied Notes to the player. There are some instances where defeating a monster while bestowed with Sigil will result in the dropping of crystals.
- The effects of Sigil will be limited to the new areas introduced in the Wings of the Goddess expansion. Signet and Sanction effects will not apply to these areas.
- While the Signet effects are restricted to the old areas, the benefits of Sanction will only take effect in the areas introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion.
- Players may only have one of the following effects at a time: Sigil, Sanction, Signet. Please take note of which you are endowed with when moving between old and new areas.
- A player may be in possession of both Sigil and Allied Tags simultaneously.
- A player must have a valid Campaign Medal in order to receive the effect of Sigil.
- You may receive the effect of Sigil from the following NPCs:
|Miliart, T.K.||Southern San d'Oria (S)||(L-9)|
|Millard, I.M.||Bastok Markets (S)||(G-5)|
|Mindala-Andola, C.C.||Windurst Waters (S)||(G-5)|
Checking War Conditions
- Region Information
- Players may view the current war conditions by accessing the “Campaign” menu option, which can be found under the “Region Info” section of the main menu.
- There may be a time discrepancy of several hours between the actual current war conditions and those displayed under the Region Info menu.
- Basic Information
- Placing the cursor over the Duchy of Jeuno or anywhere other than a region icon will display the following basic information:
- Basic Information
- Placing the cursor over the Duchy of Jeuno or anywhere other than a region icon will display the following basic information:
Allied Notes: Displays the number of Allied Notes, a form of Campaign points, you currently possess.
Stronghold Details: Placing the cursor over any stronghold will display the following detailed information:
(1) Shows the name and icon of the force controlling the stronghold. (2) Reconnaissance: Shows the current reconnaissance level of the stronghold. The higher the reconnaissance, the more information the battle conditions NPC will provide. (3) Morale: Graphical representation of the stronghold’s current morale. The higher the morale, the more formidable troops will become on the battlefield. (4) Prosperity: Graphical representation of the stronghold’s current prosperity. The higher the prosperity, the more Campaign funds a nation will generate. Also, the rate of said nation’s technological and industrial means in Campaign Ops will increase.
Area Details: Placing the cursor over any of the areas represented by a point on the map will display the following area details.
(1) Dominant Force: The icon of the army with the most influence over an area is displayed. (2) Fortifications: Numerical representation of an area’s defenses. This rating is influenced by factors such as the number of soldiers participating in that area’s battles, etc. (3) Resources: Numerical representation of an area’s resources. This rating is influenced by such factors as the number of temporary items available. (4) Influence: Graphical representations of each of the three nations’ influence over an area, as well as the Beastman Confederate’s.
War Conditions: Speaking to specific NPCs in the city areas will allow a player to view current military policy in place.
- National Influence / Battle Strategies 1, 2 / Internal Policies 1, 2
In each nation, tactical assessments of military policy may be conducted. By speaking to the appropriate NPC (curate in San d’Oria, supply commander in Bastok, or ｍorale manager in Windurst) players may participate in such an assessment on any of three categories: leaders, battle strategies, and internal policies.
The tallied results of all assessments will be calculated in Campaign totals, and after taking into the consideration the opinions of the nation’s elite, will be reflected in the policy decision-making of the following week. Players affiliated with an army have the right to participate in that force’s tactical assessments once per week.
- Tactical Assessment Categories
- Leaders - Assess the views of a nation’s leaders and side with those of your choice.
- Battle Strategies - Assess the battle strategies of a nation’s forces.
- Internal Policies - Assess the internal policies of a nation’s forces.
- For further details on Tactical Assessment, please visit the corresponding page.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Campaign"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 206 total.(previous page) (next page)
- Campaign Arbiters
- Campaign Factions
- Campaign Ops NPC
- Campaign Point Calculation
- Cerane I Virgaut
- Cracking Shells (B)
- Crimson Domino I (B)
- Crimson Domino I (S)
- Crimson Domino I (W)
- Crimson Domino II (B)
- Crimson Domino II (S)
- Crimson Domino II (W)
- Crimson Domino III (B)
- Crimson Domino III (W)
- Crystal Fist I (B)
- Crystal Fist I (S)
- Crystal Fist I (W)
- Crystal Fist II (B)
- Crystal Fist II (S)
- Crystal Fist II (W)
- Crystal Fist III (B)
- Crystal Fist III (W)
- Cut and Cauterize (S)
- Cut and Cauterize I (B)
- Cut and Cauterize I (W)
- Darden, C.A.
- Deep Cover I (B)
- Deep Cover I (W)
- Deep Cover II (B)
- Deep Cover II (W)
- Deep Cover III (W)
- Delta Strike I (B)
- Delta Strike I (S)
- Delta Strike I (W)
- Delta Strike II (B)
- Delta Strike II (S)
- Delta Strike II (W)
- Delta Strike III (B)
- Delta Strike III (W)
- Dhen Kwherri, M.C.
- Disserond, R.K.
- Marius, C.A.
- Materiel Storm I (B)
- Materiel Storm I (S)
- Materiel Storm I (W)
- Materiel Storm II (B)
- Materiel Storm II (S)
- Materiel Storm II (W)
- Materiel Storm III (B)
- Materiel Storm III (S)
- Materiel Storm III (W)
- Materiel Storm IV (B)
- Mhik Ljusihlo, M.C.
- Miah Riyuh
- Mieuseloir B Enchelles
- Moana, C.A.
- Myllue, R.K.
- Saphiriance, T.K.
- Scarlette, C.A.
- Search and Seizure I (W)
- Slaughterhouse I (B)
- Slaughterhouse I (W)
- Slaughterhouse II (W)
- Slaughterhouse III (W)
- Sleiney, C.A.
- Smokescreen I (B)
- Smokescreen I (S)
- Smokescreen I (W)
- Smokescreen II (W)
- Smokescreen III (B)
- Smokescreen III (W)
- Smokescreen V (S)
- Splitting Heirs (S)
- Steel Resolve I (W)
- Steel Resolve II (W)
- Steel Resolve III (W)
- Stock and Awe I (B)
- Stock and Awe I (S)
- Stock and Awe I (W)
- Stock and Awe II (B)
- Stock and Awe II (S)
- Stock and Awe II (W)
- Stock and Awe III (B)
- Stock and Awe III (S)
- Stock and Awe III (W)
- Stock and Awe IV (B)
- Stock and Awe IV (S)
- Streetsweeper I (B)
- Streetsweeper I (S)
- Streetsweeper I (W)
- Streetsweeper II (B)
- Streetsweeper II (S)
- Streetsweeper II (W)
- Streetsweeper III (B)
- Streetsweeper III (S)
- Streetsweeper III (W)