A.M.A.N. Trove • Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Geas Fete • High-Tier Battlefields • Monthly Campaigns • Odyssey • Omen • Skirmish • Sortie • Unity • Vagary
Artifact: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Relic: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3 Empyrean: iL109 • iL119/+2/+3
|Ultimate Weapons • Ultimate Weapon Augments • Escutcheons|
|Abjurations iL119 • Superior Equipment • JSE Necks • Divergence Weapon Augments||Guides • Crafting • Trusts • Job Points • Apex Monsters|
Were you looking for Mastery Rank?
Players must speak with the Nomad Moogle in Ru'Lude Gardens (H-5) after meeting the following conditions in order to receive the Master breaker:
- Be level 99 in your current job.
- Achieved job master status in your current job.
A new menu button will appear under the Status menu. Here, the player may see Master Level totals on each of their mastered jobs. Jobs that are not mastered will not appear in the menu, because they are not eligible to earn Exemplar Points.
Acquiring Master Levels and Exemplar Points
Players will earn exemplar points by defeating enemies while the following conditions are true:
- Be in possession of the Master breaker.
- Be level 99 in your current job.
- Have achieved job master status in your current job.
- Defeat an enemies whose strength as displayed with / is Easy Prey or higher.
Similar to losing Experience Points upon being KO'd, players also lose Exemplar Points for being knocked-out. The penalty is 2% of the amount required for your next level.
- E.g, A Master Level 5 player will lose 366
- However, a Master Level 40 player would lose 15,388 Exemplar Points. Thus, raise becomes somewhat essential.
Accordingly, players can lose Master Levels if too many Exemplar Points are lost. Receiving Raise or Reraise effects will restore all or a portion Exemplar Points depending on the raise.
- Raise I: 50% Restored.
- Raise II: 75% Restored.
- Raise III: 90% Restored.
- Arise: 90% Restored.
- Reraise IV: 90% Restored.
Exemplar Point Gain
The base value for the amount exemplar points gained depend on the level of the enemy in comparison to your effective level, and the enemy category, which works as a multiplier, using the following formula:
Enemy level >= Player effective level: (20 + 4*dLVL)*Category Multiplier
Enemy level <= Player effective level: (20 + 2*dLVL)*Category Multiplier
A player's effective level is defined as floor(119+Master Level/5). For example, a player with a master level of 32 would have an effective level of floor(119+32/5) = 125. When in a party or alliance, exemplar points are calculated based off of the highest effective level in the group.
There are five categories for exemplar point gain currently in the game, given the labels of Normal, Special, Apex, Locus, and High Apex.
- Normal enemies have a multiplier of 1. This category consists of any enemy not in one of the following groups.
- Special enemies have a multiplier of 3. This category consists of all enemies in Odyssey Sheol; it is unknown if any other enemies use this category.
- Apex enemies have a multiplier of 5. This category consists of enemies with the Apex prefix.
- Locus enemies have a multiplier of 7. This category consists of enemies with the Locus prefix.
- High Apex enemies have a multiplier of 8. This category consists of the enemies Disheveled Naraka, Enigmatic Vampyr, Inimical Corse, and Powercrazed Dvergr in Inner Ra'kaznar; it is unknown if any other enemies use this category.
Exemplar points gained are reduced if in a party or alliance, depending on the size of the group. The amount reduced is currently unknown.
Master Chains increase the amount of exemplar points gained by 2% per level of chain. This caps at master chain #50, for exemplar points +100%.
Exemplar Point Bonuses
Exemplar point bonuses apply to effects that increase the amount of exemplar points that a player receives per kill. This bonus is applied after the "per monster cap" and chain bonuses have been calculated.
Currently, there is one form of exemplar point bonus:
Increasing your Master Level
Your master level starts at 0 for each job. Your master level will increase when you accumulate a certain number of exemplar points, and you will receive the following benefits:
- For every master level you earn, you and your pet's basic attributes and combat/magic skill caps will be increased.
- For every five master levels your earn, your support job level cap will be increased by 1.
As of the November 10th, 2022 Version Update, the cap on Master Levels is 50 per job.
Every Master Level earned, the player receives the following for that job:
- +1 STR, DEX, VIT, AGI, INT, MND, and CHR per level
- +1 to the cap of Combat Skills and Magic Skills per level
- Only skills that are learned naturally for job that gained a level will be increased. For instance, leveling up Samurai will not increase Healing Magic Skill.
- +7 Maximum HP per level
- +2 Maximum MP per level
Pets are also enhanced when the master increases their Master Level.
Automatons, Avatars, and Wyverns all saw the following increases:
- +1.5 Attack per level
- +1.5 Accuracy per level
- +1.5 Defense per level
- +1.5 Evasion per level
- +7 Maximum HP per level*
Automaton Skills increase by 1 skill per Level, just like player character skills.
* Wyverns and Automatons have seen confirmed HP increases, and not other pets.
Every master level you gain effectively raises your character level by 1. As you progress, monsters will begin to /check as weaker. For example, a mob in Reisenjima that shows as Very Tough at master level 0 will show as Even Match at level 21.
If you are gathering exemplar points in a party, it is useful to level sync down to the person with the lowest master level. Doing this will result in higher point gains per kill. However, the sync designee must be at least master level 0.
Sub Jobs increase when a player ranks up their Master Level. The table below outlines sub job progression. Job Traits and Job Abilities that are usable can be viewed on individual job pages.
|Master Level||Subjob Level|
- "Style-change" abilities such as Composure remain unusable even if your support job is level 50 or higher.
Exemplar Points/Level Breakdown
Refer to the tables below for the Exemplar Points required to progress through each Master level from 1-50.
The delta value is the amount more required per level, showing a pattern of drastically spiking every 10 levels then dropping off.
- Enemy strength as displayed by /check only serves as a rough guide as to whether or not you will earn exemplar points for defeating a foe. Note that enemies who /check as “Too Weak” may still yield experience and limit points.
- The monsters to which the above applies will be marked as “Very Easy Prey” in the December 2021 version update.
- Player Master Levels can be seen directly when using /check and show up as "M.Lv.##" for non-anonymous users.
- Master Levels can be searched for using the Search menu, including lower and upper level limiters (but that only is the zone you are in) or server-wide by using the text command /sea all mlevel ##-##
- In search windows (such as Linkshell list, Party member list, standard searches), Master Level can be toggled to display using the "+" button for non-anonymous users.
- Exemplar point gains are unaffected by rings and other equipment earned from various campaigns that confer a bonus to experience point gains.
- Note that Corsair's Roll is the only way to amplify Exemplar Points earned at this time.