Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our guide of changes to the game!
Already returned? Welcome back! Check out "Quickstart 1-119" - for a complete journey from level 1 to 119!
Areas • Missions • Quests • Coalitions • Assignments • Reive
Skirmish • Delve • Incursion • Vagary • Sinister Reign • Apex
Areas • Missions • Escha • Domain Invasion • Geas Fete • Omen
Ambuscade • Dynamis Divergence • Unity • High-Tier Mission Battlefields • Master Trials • Monstrosity
|Guides • Trust Magic • Mog Garden • Monster Rearing • Job Points • Crafting||June Update Items|
| Ultimate Weapons|
In order to participate in Limbus, each member must satisfy the following conditions:
- Have Al'Taieu access from the Chains of Promathia expansion (completed Promathia Mission 7-5).
- Purchase the key item Cosmo-Cleanse from Sagheera in Port Jeuno for 15,000 gil (this must be done prior to each Limbus entry).
- Obtain the key item Red Card, White Card, Black Card from the respective ??? for the desired Limbus area (see below for more information).
- There is no minimum level or group size requirement; however, entry into a battlefield is limited to alliance members once one member has entered (up to 18).
How to Participate
Entry and Rules
- After obtaining the Cosmo-Cleanse from Sagheera, proceed to the appropriate dimensional portal to be transported to the corresponding section of Al'Taieu:
- After obtaining the appropriate card from a ??? spot in the associated section of Al'Taieu, enter the desired Limbus zone:
- Proceed to the battlefield entrance. Once all players are in the zone and prepared to enter, one player must first select and enter a battlefield. The remaining players will "hear a faint hum" and will then only be permitted to enter the same battlefield as the first player.
- Certain Limbus areas can only be accessed by trading one or more required "chips" for entry to the entry point (obtained from other Limbus areas). Chips are only required from the first player who enters the area.
- Upon entering the Limbus battlefield, both key items are lost and any utilized chips will grow dim and cannot be used again.
- Up to 18 alliance members may enter the battlefield.
- Players may join the battlefield for several minutes after one member of the alliance enters the battlefield (although they must have been in the alliance and in the zone at the time the battlefield was entered). However, once an enemy is engaged in combat, any players outside the battlefield will no longer be able to join.
- Note: Limbus battlefields are not instanced, so only one group may occupy a battlefield at any given time. If a group does occupy the area, you will not be permitted to enter until shortly after they have exited.
- Each area begins with a set time limit (from 15 to 60 minutes depending on the battlefield). In most areas, the time limit can be extended with time extension chests.
- The exterior (non-central) Limbus areas are each several "floors" in length. Each Limbus area has unique clear conditions for its floors, and players may only proceed from one floor to the next upon completing the clear condition. It is not possible to return to a floor that you have moved beyond.
- Opening the final item crate in a Limbus battlefield serves as the battlefield clear condition and will transport players from the battlefield back to the area lobby.
There are three types of chests found in the Limbus areas.
- Time Extension: Blue with Gold lining (Adds 5, 10, or 15 minutes to the remaining time depending on the zone.)
- Items: Dark Brown with Gold lining (drops one or more of Ancient Beastcoins, AF+1 Materials, Chips, Synthesis Materials into the treasure pool)
- Restore HP/MP/Abilities: Light Brown with Gray lining (restores all HP/MP and resets all Job Ability timers, including 2-hour abilities, to all alliance members in range)
The spawn (and despawn) conditions of chests act vary for each area of Limbus. In some areas you are forced to choose only one chest per level, while in others you can open every chest in the area. Chests may be readily accessible or may only appear after defeating certain enemies or a certain quantity of enemies.
Temenos is split into ten battlefields which comprise four towers. All ten of the battlefields are accessible at the single Temenos entrance from (H-4) in Al'Taieu. The western, eastern, and northern towers of Temenos are each individual seven floor battlefields. The central tower is comprised of four floors above ground level and a basement, with each of the floors making up a separate battlefield (two distinct battles occupy each of the basement and fourth floor, for a total of seven central battles across the five battlefields). Areas of the central tower can only be accessed with chips obtained from the other battlefields. Note that the central areas I and II occupy the same battlefield, so only one group may enter either of the two battlefields at a time.
The Temenos area has a constant weather effect.
Apollyon is split into eight battlefields. The two east battlefields (NE and SE) are accessible only via the Apollyon entrance at (K-6) in Al'Taieu and require a Black Card and Cosmo-Cleanse for entry. The two west battlefields (NW and SW) are accessible only via the entrance at (D-6) and require a Red Card and Cosmo-Cleanse for entry. The four central battlefields (central and CS) can be accessed from either of the two entrances and require either a Black Card or a Red Card as well as a Cosmo-Cleanse and the chips shown in the table below for entry. Note that Central and Central II occupy one battlefield and CS and CS II occupy one battlefield, so only one may be taken on by any group at the same time.
The Apollyon area has a constant weather effect.
Limbus rewards are generally divided into four types:
- Ancient Beastcoins which can be used to directly purchase unique items from Sagheera in Port Jeuno or as a fee for Artifact upgrades.
- Artifact upgrade materials which, along with Ancient Beastcoins, can be used by Sagheera to upgrade Artifact armor to Artifact Armor +1
- Unique accessories from CS Apollyon II and Central Temenos - Basement II
- Omega and Ultima appendages which can be traded to Wilhelm in Mhaura for various armor components.
Ancient Beastcoins drop directly from enemies and in large quantities from item chests in Limbus and are used in two ways:
- They can be used to directly purchase reward items (priced at either 75 or 150 Ancient Beastcoins) from Sagheera.
- 75 Ancient Beastcoins: Boxer's Mantle, Brutal Earring, Gunner's Mantle, Loquacious Earring, Musical Earring, Stealth Earring, Metal Chip
- 150 Ancient Beastcoins: Charger Mantle, Flawless Ribbon, Jaeger Mantle
- 150 Ancient Beastcoins + Glossy fragment: Crepuscular Chip
- 150 Ancient Beastcoins + Shining fragment: Niveous Chip
- They can be used by Sagheera, along with upgrade materials, to upgrade Artifact armor to Artifact Armor +1.
Unique accessories can be obtained from certain Limbus areas:
- CS Apollyon II: Sortiarius Earring, Prodigious Mantle, Patentia Sash
- Central Temenos - Basement II: Algidus Cape, Potens Grip, Psilomene
Artifact Armor +1
- Artifact Armor base armor component
- Temenos Upgrade Item
- Apollyon Upgrade Item
- Quantity of Ancient Beastcoins
- Synthesis Material
The upgrade items required are dependent on the job of the artifact armor being upgraded (see table below). The required synthesis material and number of Ancient Beastcoins varies (15~40) with each piece of armor. Once the current Vana'dielian day has ended, the upgraded piece of armor will be completed and can be retrieved from Sagheera.
Omega and Ultima Gear
Homam and Nashira Gear
Level 75 Homam and Nashira gear pieces are obtained by trading appendanges from Proto-Omega in CS Apollyon and Proto-Ultima in Central Temenos - 4th Floor, respectively, to Wilhelm in Mhaura. There is no further cost beyond the Omega or Ultima component.
Enif and Adhara Gear
Homam and Nashira gear pieces may be upgraded to level 99 Enif and Adhara gear, respectively, by trading the previously obtained Homam or Nashira equipment piece together with the corresponding Arch-Omega or Arch-Ultima appendage to Wilhelm.
Murzim and Shedir Gear
Alternatively, Murzim and Shedir armor components (also level 99) are obtained by trading Arch-Omega or Arch-Ultima appendages to Wilhelm along with any two AF+1 upgrade materials from Apollyon or Temenos areas, respectively.
See the tables below for more information.
Pictures were taken from:
Pages in category "Limbus"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.