Are you considering returning to Final Fantasy XI? Be sure to read "Returning to Vana'diel" - our community collaborative guide!
Areas · Missions · Quests · Coalitions · Assignments
Reive · Skirmish · Delve · Incursion · Vagary · Sinister Reign
Areas · Missions · Escha · Omen
|July Update Items|
|Mog Garden · Monster Rearing · Monstrosity · Trust Magic · Unity · Ambuscade · Hard Mode Mission Battles · Master Trials||July Login Campaign|
Blue Magic is a general magic category available only to blue mage. All blue magic spells are enemy abilities that must be learned as a spell by the blue mage by engaging and defeating enemies after the learnable ability is performed. This process must be repeated until the spell is learned.
Blue Magic skill determines the spell interruption rate of blue magic spells. It is directly involved in the damage calculation for physical blue magic spells. The accuracy of additional effects of spells is also based on blue magic skill. Furthermore, it also determines the accuracy and potency determination for magical blue magic spells.
Blue Magic Skill caps by job
|Job||Grade||Level 49||Level 99|
Blue Magic Spells
Learning Blue Magic
- Blue Magic spells must be learned by engaging enemies until the learnable ability is performed and then defeating them (this includes NMs and monsters which do not yield EXP). This must be repeated until the spell is learned (notification will occur at the end of the battle).
- The blue mage does not need to be the target of the enemy's ability for it to be learned.
- Call for help prevents the learning of spells.
- Spells only need to be readied in order to be learned. The mob may be defeated or stunned and the spell may still be learned without going off.
- The chance of learning blue magic is increased by using Magus Bazubands, Magus Bazubands +1, Assimilator's Bazubands, or Assimilator's Bazubands +1/+2/+3.
- Blue Magic spells are learnable based on skill level. Spells may be learned 31 skill levels before the skill cap of blue skill for the level of the spell.
- Merits as well as wearing equipment with Blue Magic Skill + on it qualifies as increasing your skill level. Allowing for a spell to be learned with a lack of natural skill.
- E.g. Magic Fruit is a level 58. Blue Magic skill caps at 193 at level 58. This means the Blue Mage must have at least 162 Blue Magic skill (obtainable at level 52+) in order to learn Magic Fruit.
- If the Blue Mage had a skill of only 147, but equipped a Magus Jubbah this would bring them to 162 and allow for Magic Fruit to be learned.
Setting Blue Magic
- Unlike other types of magic, Blue Magic spells are not immediately usable at their associated level. They must first be "set."
- Blue magic spells can be set at any time; however, no blue magic spells can be cast for one minute after changing the set spells.
- Every blue magic spell has a certain number of "blue magic points" associated with it, as listed on the spell description. The sum of blue magic points of all set spells must be at or below the number of blue magic points available.
- The number of blue magic points available to a BLU starts at 10 from levels 1-10, and increases with level, by 5 every 10 levels (15 from 11-20, 20 from 21-30, up to 55 from 91-99).
- The maximum number of spells that can be set by a BLU is also determined by level, starting at 6 from levels 1-10, increasing by 2 every 10 levels and capping at 20.
- Setting certain combinations of spells can yield unique Job Traits that are otherwise unavailable to BLU, such as Auto Refresh, Dual Wield, and Double Attack.
- Blue magic bonuses on equipment fall into several categories:
- Blue magic skill bonuses: Directly adds to the player's blue magic skill (see table below)
- Blue magic casting time reduction: Reduces casting time of all spells classified as blue magic by the percentage listed, stacks with Fast Cast.
- Blue magic recast time reduction: Reduces recast time of all spells classified as blue magic by the percentage listed, stacks with other forms of recast time reduction such as Haste and Fast Cast.
- Blue magic learning chance: Increases the chance to learn blue magic from a battle where blue magic can be learned.
|Hashishin Tayt +1||99||Legs||BLU||23|
|Assimilator's Jubbah +1||99||Body||BLU||20|
|Magus Jubbah +1||74||Body||BLU||15|
|Mavi Tayt +2||83||Legs||BLU||15|
|Adhara Manteel||99||Body||WHM BLM RDM SMN BLU||13|
|Luhlaza Keffiyeh +1||99||Head||BLU||13|
|Mavi Tayt +1||83||Legs||BLU||10|
|Khepri Wristbands||99||Hands||MNK THF RNG NIN BLU COR DNC RUN||8|
|Luhlaza Charuqs +1||99||Feet||BLU||8|
|Mirage Keffiyeh +2||90||Head||BLU||7|
|Fea's Cuffs||99||Hands||BLM RDM BLU SCH GEO||6|
|Ayao's Gages||99||Hands||WHM BLM RDM SMN BLU SCH GEO||5|
|Blood Greaves||73||Feet||RDM PLD DRK RNG DRG BLU COR RUN||1~5|
|Immortal's Earring||60||Earrings||All jobs||5 (Latent)|
|Kheper Wristbands||99||Hands||MNK THF RNG NIN BLU COR DNC RUN||5|
|Mirage Keffiyeh +1||75||Head||BLU||5|
|Symbios Gloves||77||Hands||BLM RDM SMN BLU||5|
|Crimson Greaves||73||Feet||RDM PLD DRK RNG DRG BLU COR RUN||1~4|
|Ksi Sash||75||Waist||MNK WHM BLM RDM PLD BRD RNG SMN BLU PUP SCH GEO RUN||3 (Salvage)|
|Mirage Charuqs +2||90||Feet||BLU||3|
|Antica Ring||72||Rings||All jobs||2|
Pages in category "Blue Magic"
The following 198 pages are in this category, out of 198 total.