Blue Magic is a general magic category available only to blue mage. All blue magic spells are enemy abilities that must be learned as a spell by the blue mage by engaging and defeating enemies after the learnable ability is performed. This process must be repeated until the spell is learned.
Blue Magic skill determines the spell interruption rate of blue magic spells. It is directly involved in the damage calculation for physical blue magic spells and the accuracy and potency determination for magical blue magic spells.
Blue Magic Skill caps by job
|Job||Grade||Level 49||Level 99|
Blue Magic Spells
- See Blue Mage for a complete list of blue magic spells sorted by usable level.
Learning Blue Magic
- Blue Magic spells must be learned by engaging enemies until the learnable ability is performed and then defeating them (this includes NMs and monsters which do not yield EXP). This must be repeated until the spell is learned (notification will occur at the end of the battle). The blue mage does not need to be the target of the enemy's ability for it to be learned.
- The chance of learning blue magic is increased by using Magus Bazubands or Magus Bazubands +1.
- Blue Magic spells can be learned several levels before they can be used, determined by the difference between the player's blue magic skill and the capped blue magic skill associated with a blue mage at the level the spell becomes usable. Therefore, wearing additional blue magic skill gear can increase the level range at which spells can be learned.
Setting Blue Magic
- Unlike other types of magic, Blue Magic spells are not immediately usable at their associated level. They must first be "set."
- Blue magic spells can be set at any time; however, no blue magic spells can be cast for one minute after changing the set spells.
- Every blue magic spell has a certain number of "blue magic points" associated with it, as listed on the spell description. The sum of blue magic points of all set spells must be at or below the number of blue magic points available.
- The number of blue magic points available to a BLU starts at 10 from levels 1-10, and increases with level, by 5 every 10 levels (15 from 11-20, 20 from 21-30, up to 55 from 91-99). The number of available points can be increased by up to five additional with merits in the job trait Assimilation.
- The maximum number of spells that can be set by a BLU is also determined by level, starting at 6 from levels 1-10, increasing by 2 every 10 levels and capping at 20.
- Setting certain combinations of spells can yield unique Job Traits that are otherwise unavailable to BLU, such as Auto Refresh, Dual Wield, and Double Attack.
- Blue magic bonuses on equipment fall into several categories:
- Blue magic skill bonuses: Directly adds to the player's blue magic skill (see table below)
- Blue magic casting time reduction: Reduces casting time of all spells classified as blue magic by the percentage listed, stacks with Fast Cast.
- Blue magic recast time reduction: Reduces recast time of all spells classified as blue magic by the percentage listed, stacks with other forms of recast time reduction such as Haste and Fast Cast.
- Blue magic learning chance: Increases the chance to learn blue magic from a battle where blue magic can be learned.
Pages in category "Blue Magic"
The following 198 pages are in this category, out of 198 total.